Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Guess the TV rating for Alabama-Ohio State
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: Guess the TV rating for Alabama-Ohio State
(01-14-2021 04:10 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(01-13-2021 07:21 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  
(01-13-2021 03:07 PM)RUScarlets Wrote:  There wasn't a marquee QB featured in these games. I don't think Lawrence would have made a difference due to the saturation of Clemson. I also agree that they have to get off Monday night. I was so crapped out with football and all the NFL head coaching firings coming out the following Monday that I forgot the title game was happening until deep into the 1st half. I tuned into ESPN Gamecast and the score was already out of hand. Didn't watch a minute of it aside from highlights of Smith.

Really? Fields is projected top 5 in the NFL Draft.

And let's not forget Mac Jones was a Heisman finalist. It was a pretty darn good tandem of QBs.

Yes, the "unknown QB" argument doesn't make sense. These two were not as well-known as Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow last year, but they were close. Fields has been touted for the Heisman since last year, and while Jones was initially unknown, that changed dramatically and swiftly as he racked up numbers.

IMO, since the NFL ratings also tanked, we have to look at reasons that do not apply to college football alone to understand the CFP title game ratings. Yes, everyone with an ax to grind about the current structure of college football wants to seize on them to push their point, but the evidence doesn't suggest any such linkages.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021 09:16 AM by quo vadis.)
01-14-2021 09:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guess the TV rating for Alabama-Ohio State - quo vadis - 01-14-2021 09:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.