****** THE ULTIMATE OFFICIAL BOISE MEGA THREAD TO END ALL THREADS ******
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: No CFP BIAS
RE: ****** THE ULTIMATE OFFICIAL BOISE MEGA THREAD TO END ALL THREADS ******
(05-11-2021 01:40 AM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  
(05-11-2021 12:23 AM)jedclampett Wrote:  
(05-10-2021 11:18 PM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  
(05-10-2021 10:18 PM)HoustonRocks Wrote:  When nothing happened after UCF's performance in football over successive years, I would not worry much about any school getting a "golden ticket". My guess is: the P5 will not add any school unless there is a need. If two or more schools suddenly left the Big-12, some schools would be added. Otherwise, probably none.

Possibly, the reason there is a stand-off is there are some no votes on adding BSU as a full member. Aresco is a negotiator. He is not making the decision demanding football only. BSU will not be added if that is true.

Expansion is basically a done deal. All that's left to do is to figure out the # of teams the format and the $$$. Under this scenario Texas nor Oklahoma aint going nowhere. Why would they? They would have one of the easiest p5 paths to the playoffs every year. Expansion is effectively dead. However I'm ok with that as long as Aresco and company have an expansion plan to maximize our place in the new system. On a side note I wonder if we add BYU, Boise and SDSU if they can get espn to amend our current TV deal to the 10 million per price that they were offering if we would've signed a gor.

CFP expansion apparently isn't considered a "done deal" by the CFP board of executives.

The CFP Executive Director has made it clear that we shouldn't expect them to make any movement on this matter through the end of their current 12-year term in 2025, when the matter will be taken up by a much larger deliberative body:

"There will not be a new format this season or next season ... even if the board decides to alter the format, it may well not occur until after the current agreement has expired, which isn't until after the 2025 season."

-Bill Hancock, CFP executive director

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...y-16-teams

Oh it's a done deal. They're going to finish out the old contract in 2025 and by that time everything will be worked out and ready to go for a smooth transition. My point stands. No p5 conferences are going to expand nor are any major programs like Texas or Oklahoma going to go anywhere. Aresco now has one goal and it should be to strengthen the AAC to at least an undeniably higher level then any other g4 could possibly match then fight for an AQ into the new upcoming playoffs.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
05-11-2021 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
~ - jedclampett - 01-08-2021, 11:26 PM
RE: ****** THE ULTIMATE OFFICIAL BOISE MEGA THREAD TO END ALL THREADS ****** - GoOwls111 - 05-11-2021 08:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.