BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
RE: ****** THE ULTIMATE OFFICIAL BOISE MEGA THREAD TO END ALL THREADS ******
(04-03-2021 11:05 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  
(04-03-2021 05:08 PM)jedclampett Wrote:  
(04-03-2021 12:26 PM)vick mike Wrote:  
(04-03-2021 12:10 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  
(04-02-2021 04:00 PM)Fishpro10987 Wrote:  I think you are being a bit over-dramatic due to the Covid year. PAC 12 and MWC did just fine this year.

Has nothing to do with Covid. UCLA had an away game in our stadium 3 or 4 years ago, and they had to get "permission" to honor our contract that was signed previous to ... whatever legislation TN passed that pissed off their state legislators enough to make the rule that no state schools could travel to several southern states. As far as I know it is still in effect. Now we have major league baseball removing the allstar game from GA because of some voting legislation that just passed. I'm telling you guys, this is a real issue that will cause trouble. You are in Texas.... you should know better.

“Some voting legislation” is one way to describe it, but many corporations and institutions are speaking out and acting out against it. The rest of the country, public and private, does not owe states that disenfranchise voters their business, and if Georgia decides to pass unconstitutional legislation, the rest of us can decide how to react. I didn't intend to make this post political, but you’re repetitive defense of the indefensible had to be reacted to.

I agree with you and FP - - it was an inappropriate, overly-dramatic, even gratuitous, though inept attempt to smear all the schools in a State for an act of conscience by their legislature. The weirdest thing about the comment is that rather than speaking on the behalf of the rights of most of the young men who play college basketball, he chose to slam the schools in a State that spoke out in support of their rights. This was just one of many inappropriate posts by this fellow. Such comments caused me to put him on the ignore list months ago, and he has been criticized repeatedly for several prior comments by at least one of the moderators, for good reason.

This guy is a liar and a troll. Here is exhibit A:

[Image: 169063941_4167040676659933_4629946101134...e=608EBDF4]

So apparently, 8 days ago equals "months ago"...

Exhibit B:
(04-03-2021 05:08 PM)jedclampett Wrote:  ...it was an inappropriate, overly-dramatic, even gratuitous, though inept attempt to smear all the schools in a State for an act of conscience by their legislature...

Well, for one thing, Jed, I didn't smear ANY school in their state. I simply stated THE ACTUAL ACTIONS OF THEIR LEGISLATURE. You are entitled to your opinion, but not your own set of facts. IOW, if you could pick SDSU up out of the soil on which it was built, and move it across state lines, I would be all fine and dandy with the idea of adding them. Are you too dense to understand what I am saying? No, I don't think so. I think you are trolling.

Exhibit C:
(04-03-2021 05:08 PM)jedclampett Wrote:  ...he has been criticized repeatedly for several prior comments by at least one of the moderators, for good reason.

My "Warning Level" is @ 0% and has ALWAYS been @ 0%. Ever since the "Warning Level" was invented. I have NEVER been warned about my conduct by a Mod. Ever. Because I don't troll like you do, Jed. How's YOUR Warning level, Jed?

Furthermore, those of you preening and virtue-signaling about how caring YOU are toward those affected by the legislation, I NEVER SAID it was good or bad. I said California's position on it is AN ISSUE WE DON'T NEED TO DEAL WITH. YOU are the ones who assigned a political position on me. I'm not on the Tennessee Legislature. Are you on YOUR'S??? Then shut up. Both your and my opinions on the voting legislation are TOTALLY irrelevant to this issue. The issue is, SINCE MOST OF OUR STATES will (or have) passed legislation that California will (or has) found egregious enough to restrict travel to our states, why even entertain the idea of adding SDSU? That is it. That's all there is. Why in the world would you ask a team to join your conference that you KNOW will not be allowed to travel to your state??? Are you stupid? NO, I don't think so. I think you are too afraid to agree with something this logical for fear of being "canceled" or some other fear.

I am not going to argue the virtues or vices of the legislation here (something you three seem to not have a problem doing) for 2 reasons.
1) I haven't read it in full yet.
2) This is supposed to be a politics-free board, and am trying to abide by that aside from how said political issue affects our sports teams and conference.

(04-03-2021 12:26 PM)vick mike Wrote:  ...but you’re repetitive defense of the indefensible had to be reacted to.

Uhhhh... show me where I DEFENDED ANYTHING. QUOTE ME. Point it out. Go ahead.
You’re wasting your time, there is no hope
04-04-2021 07:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
~ - jedclampett - 01-08-2021, 11:26 PM
RE: ****** THE ULTIMATE OFFICIAL BOISE MEGA THREAD TO END ALL THREADS ****** - BraveKnight - 04-04-2021 07:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.