MidknightWhiskey Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
RE: Boise St looking to move on from MWC
(12-31-2020 12:27 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(12-31-2020 12:20 PM)JTApps1 Wrote:  
(12-31-2020 12:14 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(12-31-2020 12:03 PM)SMUstang Wrote:  
(12-31-2020 12:00 PM)JTApps1 Wrote:  To me UAB would make the most sense as the next full member for the AAC. They were in the old CUSA with many of the members, they're good in both major sports, they're in a good sized city, and they're well within the footprint of the league.
But they recently dropped football, they have no major bowl games, and they don't have the national reputation/recognition that Boise has.

Not to mention their addition makes the AAC just look more and more like reheated CUSA leftovers from 2011. That’s not a good look for an AAC that’s pushing a P6 narrative. That’s just one more reason the UConn replacement has to be a value adding choice like Boise, BYU, or Army. It can’t be a “let’s get the old CUSA band back together” pick. Part of UConns value was they were part of what made the AAC different and unique from CUSA. Thus, that aspect of the UConn contribution must be considered when replacing UConn.

BYU and Army have no need to join so you either have to meet Boise's demands or find someone else. There are very few schools who would fit in as a full member and meet the requirements your talking about.

Agree. To my knowledge both the AAC and Boise are good with a football only membership provided Boise can find a suitable home for their Olympic sports. I think Boise will find one early in 2021 when the Covid crises eases. They will continue talks with the Big West and WCC—but I don’t think those discussions will bear fruit. My sense is during the next few months the WAC’s planned expansion will succeed and will provide the WAC with the strength and stability required to make it a viable home for Boise Olympic sports.

If that does not occur—then I suspect the AAC continues to stand pat at 11. There is simply nobody beyond the AAC’s short list of candidates that adds enough value to be a viable #12 at this time. Over the next 10 years, that could change as some team with potential might develop—-but as on this second, nobody other than BYU, Boise, or Army (also possibly Air Force) makes sense for football.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14793415]
12-31-2020 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boise St looking to move on from MWC - MidknightWhiskey - 12-31-2020 01:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.