Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boise St looking to move on from MWC
Scoochpooch1 Offline
All American

I Root For: P4
RE: Boise St looking to move on from MWC
(12-17-2020 01:18 AM)46566 Wrote:  
(12-16-2020 11:13 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(12-16-2020 11:06 PM)46566 Wrote:  I honestly see all sports to the PAC 12 or football only to the AAC as Boises only options.

I don't think the PAC or even the AAC is a viable option for Boise, which is why I think this coach is just blowing smoke that won't amount to anything.

The only possible realistic option is dumping the Olympic sports in the WAC or WCC (big step down) and going independent in football. But they must see how independence hasn't actually worked out for BYU.

I agree about blowing smoke. Honestly the only team I see having independence working in the MWC is Hawaii because it's olympic sports are already separate from the MWC and week 0 gives schools the option to rearrange late season conference games if they want to play hawaii.
I don't know how Boise State could bring in teams to play in Idaho in November. At least UConn could possibly offer a away basketball game or something as a offering for a neutral or late home game.

I'm actually curious if Boise State is actually overvalued by the tv contract and people because of their past success. I'm wondering if the MWC actually needs Boise State long term. Should Boise State leave a obviously NMSU would most likely be added while a obvious huge step down in football quality it could be a slight uptick in basketball quality. Would UTEP be interested in a MWC invite or want to stay in the C-USA? I'm also wondering if it's worth keeping Wyoming if UTEP says yes. It's just to me trips to Wyoming doesn't make much sense without a Idaho school.

Yes, extremely overvalued.
12-17-2020 12:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boise St looking to move on from MWC - Scoochpooch1 - 12-17-2020 12:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.