Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] Baseball Recruiting 2021 and beyond
Musicowl1965 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice
RE: [split] Baseball Recruiting 2021 and beyond
(07-13-2023 05:03 PM)ExcitedOwl18 Wrote:  We have plenty alumni who are just as wealthy as the benefactors of who fund NIL at, say, OU. It’s not that we can’t. It’s that we/they choose not to (in the same way that Ivy alums choose not to fund NIL initiatives).

I’m not in the financial position to give “real” money to a NIL effort yet (just turned 27, need a few more promotions 03-wink), but if I was, I wouldn’t give money to Rice Baseball right now.

As I’ve said in this thread before, NIL might be why we’ve fallen behind Texas and LSU, but it’s not why we’ve fallen behind UTSA and Charlotte. That is because we are poorly coached and don’t recruit well through “traditional” routes.

Really good points here. But, as I continue to beat the horse that is begging for me to put it out of it's misery, the overriding issue I have heard from players is the cost of attendance at Rice is the MAJOR hinderance to accepting offers. They have better programs available at significantly less cost. Throw in a
"smattering" of NIL money and Rice is a distant memory. I do know that Janish and company are out beating the bushes for talent but once the talent (and their families) look at the whopping cost to attend after scholarship they tend to move on. I know several really good players that would have liked to attend and play for Rice but they were from upper middle class families and even they could not make it work. So, how creative does the administration want to be to get the talent to the school is the overriding question in my mind. Right now the partial scholarship sports (baseball) are in a death spiral that we cannot pull out of unless the administration gets serious about addressing the cost of attendance.
07-14-2023 10:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Baseball Recruiting 2021 and beyond - Musicowl1965 - 07-14-2023 10:12 AM
RE: Baseball Recruiting - waltgreenberg - 09-15-2020, 10:53 PM
RE: Baseball Recruiting - waltgreenberg - 09-16-2020, 08:04 PM
RE: Baseball Recruiting - waltgreenberg - 09-17-2020, 02:50 PM
RE: Baseball Recruiting - waltgreenberg - 10-13-2020, 08:07 AM
RE: Baseball Recruiting - bobreinhold1 - 10-16-2020, 04:20 PM
RE: Baseball Recruiting - Almadenmike - 10-16-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: Baseball Recruiting - waltgreenberg - 11-10-2020, 10:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.