JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: ***General AAC Basketball Game discussion***
(02-21-2021 06:47 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(02-21-2021 06:18 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  
(02-21-2021 06:05 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(02-21-2021 05:53 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  
(02-21-2021 02:44 PM)pesik Wrote:  also brannen didnt offer any high school recruit the last 12 months.. its not like he is offering and constantly missing..

to me its obvious brannen has a transfer plan ... you have way too many ships to fill to not be offering kids

He offered high school kids. They just chose other schools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talking 2021 recruits.. you havent offered anyone new for close to a year ...

youve offered 22 and later ..strictly 2021 cincy has removed its hat for a while now...
ive been following uc recruiting and a few other aac to see who would improve next year...
as far as i know uc currently has 4 ships...potentially more depending on what happens with the madsen twins, lakhin and duo...but dont have any active offers to any 21 recruit

to me there is a clear and obvious plan that brannen wants to hit the transfer market hard

He offered multiple 2021 guys. But only offered players he had seen in person. They chose other schools.

He refused to adapt to Covid and now has zero commits for 2021... now most of the good players are gone.

So based on the limitations he himself imposed, UC now has to go transfer heavy.

Same deal as always With Brannen. He’ll add a bunch of new faces and they with take 2 months to gel, by that time Uc will have been eliminated from tourney contention and only start to do well when it’s too late.

Uc doesn’t even have a chance to be good until 23-23 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you are going to have 5 or 6 ships in the likely best transfer market EVER

there are tons of transfer teams that are elite, that didnt take 2months to gel...boise, texas tech and arkansas this year, nevada prior to that.... who were great on the transfers they just picked up

tari/dejulius/davenport as a nice core..any big jumps from any freshman ...
pick up some disgruntled top 40 recruits, some 20point mid majors..and your back in business
williams and harvey arent even guaranteed gone ..atleast yet

as long as their is scholarships their is hope...
im more worried about the tulsa's and temples who need major work but lack the ships for a major overhaul

It's an ok core. Tari can be really good but still is very raw. Dejulius is OK and Davenport is best as a 6th man. This roster needs a ton and Brannen has a garbage recruiting staff. This spring will certainly be interesting but I think it's the begining of the end of him if he doesn't bring in a monster transfer class.

To add on to this:

You have 2 short point guards that can't shoot
You don't have a single wing bigger than 6'3 (MAW and Mason Madsen as your two wings is a terrifying thought)
Your best shot blocker is a 6'8 freshman who is rumored to be looking to leave
Your "best" returning player is a 6'5 shooting combo forward that has shot 28% from 3 during conference play

You will be slow, small and unathletic next year and guess what? They can't shoot either. Mick did a horrible job leaving younger talent for Brannen but this guy has torpedoed this program in 1.5 seasons. This year's SRS on college basketball reference is now the worst UC has had since 1988. Mick's last 3 years we won 31, 30 and 28 games and now we are stuck with this bum... This is what our former AD deserves for only interviewing two candidates and we know Darren Savino wasn't getting the job. Would Brannen have even been on the radar if he was coaching at Northern Illinois instead of NKU? No chance in hell.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021 09:52 AM by JFlight21.)
02-22-2021 09:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***General AAC Basketball Game discussion*** - JFlight21 - 02-22-2021 09:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.