Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

***General AAC Basketball Game discussion***
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
RE: ***General AAC Basketball Game discussion***
(02-01-2021 11:13 PM)SadderBudweiser Wrote:  
(02-01-2021 10:31 PM)pesik Wrote:  for how bad weve been as a conference 4 bids is still on the table
smu, wichita and memphis are all still vaguely alive

some houston upsets will be needed

4 is unlikely, but 3 is in the realm of possibility if the 4th team is a sacrificial lamb and losses the game its supposed to ..no more league cannibalism
u
I’ll srart this by saying I have little faith that SMU plays well enough to earn a tourney spot.

However.... if Memphis balls ou from here then 3 of SMU’s (current) losses don’t look so bad. The question is how many more can the Mustangs afford. Not many.

The NET is still very jumpy. It won't even begin to smooth out till almost March. Even then I expect a couple of strange hard lefts to come out of the last week or so with so many neutral games, teams missing games from the end of the regular season, etc.

The numbers say Pesik is right at the moment in a normal year. Two is kind of the floor and four the ceiling, three is likely. However I think the numbers will only be half the story, the eye test and how you finish the season are going to be the big buzz.

The NCAA needs eyeballs on its tourney desperately this year as they have no room for error. We will probably see some strange outcomes. That could work in favor of teams like Memphis and SMU. SMU missing Jank is a double bonus as you get a better chance to win and extra credits for it, while your loss can be blamed on his absence. Memphis and SMU adding players, WSU missing so many to start, etc. Every team who seems on the bubble may have a good shot, all depending on how the committee looks at it.
02-01-2021 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***General AAC Basketball Game discussion*** - Foreverandever - 02-01-2021 11:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.