Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
RE: ***General AAC Basketball Game discussion***
(01-15-2021 11:49 AM)IamYourDad Wrote:  
(01-15-2021 10:11 AM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(01-15-2021 09:30 AM)IamYourDad Wrote:  
(01-15-2021 02:26 AM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(01-15-2021 12:23 AM)IamYourDad Wrote:  So you criticize me when I disagree with you, and then when I agree with you that we aren’t Top 4 you criticize me again? I can’t with you bro

I criticized you then and now for over reacting both positive and negative. I was the ond who told you after the Michigan loss it could be a learning opportunity. I told you to be careful about putting too much on that FSU win. I continue to try and explain to you this is a process this team isn't a bunch of returners from a good team last year. Winning is hard and learning your role when you are new to help your team win is hard. Where you are now is not likely to be where you end up and personally I think it's a three or four bid league, so you being fourth/fifth might be good enough to get a bid. You also might end up the team no one wants to play in Ft. Worth. Between then and now you may look incredibly good and may have some head scratchers.

I just have stronger opinions than you. I don't think this is a 3-4 bid league, I think it's a two bid league. I also don't think we will finish anywhere close to 1-2. Just my opinion

And last week your strong opinion was that UCF was the number two team in the conference, after Michigan you thought you were number eight or nine.

As new evidence comes in refuting your opinion, it should change. It’s not only based on one game. I hinged a lot of my view on FSU and Houston. FSU is currently unranked after losing to Clemson. Houston recently lost to Tulsa. The caliber of the two is not as high as I originally thought. We played one true elite team in Michigan and got the doors blown off of us. We also lost to USF and Temple. I’m not too proud to admit I was wrong, which makes the two of us very different

First I told you not to do that with FSU, second you aren't adding to your total knowledge, you are judging the future of your season and to be honest the entire AAC based on the last game UCF played and how well they did. It's a long season. You all are on schedule to be a NCAA bubble type team. You still have to improve and get more cohesive but I continue to see progress overall that says you will get there. Did you have a chance at securing an at large bid and having a tremendous season? Yes, but it was a bit of a stretch to expect things to go perfect, instead you are looking like you will turn out to be near the top end of expectations this year with a lot of promise going into next year.

Currently Memphis and Cincy are the only "underperforming" teams we have. You are over achieving some, USF is down a little more than we thought. WSU looks like what we thought they would with Marshall, Houston is a little better, Tulsa is maybe a little better, ECU looks respectable. SMU is what they always are. Tulane has a good start on a rebuild and Temple is still an enigma.
01-15-2021 07:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***General AAC Basketball Game discussion*** - Foreverandever - 01-15-2021 07:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.