IamYourDad Offline
Banned

I Root For: UCF
RE: ***General AAC Basketball Game discussion***
(12-28-2020 02:34 PM)Miggy Wrote:  
(12-28-2020 12:34 PM)tccoog10 Wrote:  
(12-28-2020 11:42 AM)Miggy Wrote:  
(12-28-2020 09:56 AM)tccoog10 Wrote:  
(12-28-2020 09:36 AM)Miggy Wrote:  Sampson is a good coach as his teams win.

But his offensive style of play substitutes 2-point jump shooting (246th in the nation) and crashing the offensive glass (11th best in nation) in place of designing clever plays that make basketball pleasant to watch. It’s dumb-down basketball.

However, it has resulted in Houston being ranked 6th in the nation even though it’s ranked 245th in field goal shooting, 223rd in the nation in 3-point shooting, and 246th, and 227th in assists. Facts are a dangerous thing.

Sampson’s offensive system is a con that dupes it’s players, fans, and sportswriters. It lulls both both it’s fans and AAC fans into la-la land by them ignoring such awful stats into thinking Houston is a good team. Group-think is also dangerous. It’s players are just pawns being used.

Keep saying that Mills who last season shot but 33.3 percent on two-point jump shots 60-180, almost 5 per game) should be projected as the AAC’s Player of The Year this season. The AAC has players that are is better than that. Sasser is one.

Simply put Sampson is in my view a con artist. So enjoy you wins Houston fans, and keep telling me and others how Houston is one of the nation’s best.

And no matter how Houston does in the NCAA tournament’s, it’s basketball program is a fraud and an affront to good college basketball.

Give us your top 10 Miggy.

Believe you’re missing me central point. What’s at stake is will Houston’s con offensive system triumph over good well-played basketball?

Counter argument should be if Houston wins on offensive rebounds off poor two-point jump shot’s, and that’s fine, as it has resulted in Houston being ranked sixth in the nation. It’s reliance on offensive rebounds has resulted in Houston having the 12th best adjusted ranked offense in the nation. For me, it’s whether Sampson’s cheapening of the game will prevail over really good teams that play college basketball the right way in NCAA tournament play? I don't think it will. But recognize Houston bb for what it is.

Don't deflect. Give us your Top 10.

In no particular order:

Gonzaga
Baylor
Villanova
Iowa
Michigan
Wisconsin
Rutgers
Arkansas
Louisville
Xavier

Houston would beat the brakes off of Louisville. Having Xavier and Arkansas in the Top 10 is also ridiculous.
12-28-2020 02:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***General AAC Basketball Game discussion*** - IamYourDad - 12-28-2020 02:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.