Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: ***General AAC Basketball Game discussion***
(12-25-2020 08:02 PM)IamYourDad Wrote:  
(12-25-2020 06:58 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(12-25-2020 06:39 PM)IamYourDad Wrote:  
(12-25-2020 05:22 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(12-25-2020 03:25 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  UCF and SMU

Yeah, maybe. Not taking anything away from UCF's wins over Michigan & Auburn - very nice wins, but they aren't Mich. St or WI - both have very methodical, disciplined teams that would beat most of us handlely. They have great shooters, play good defense & don't make many mistakes.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to argue here. No one here ever made a case us or SMU were a Top 10 team in the country. But once you're in the tourney, it comes down to one game and it's heavily match up based. I personally like our chances against Wisconsin much more than say a Baylor for example. That perimeter defense is devastating, especially against a younger team. Too bad we never got to see the Gonzaga/Baylor game

Only point is, despite the impressive UCF wins & the expected UH performances, the AAC looks weak overall as had been noted by the media. Hope the media & I am bad wrong.

They’re not wrong. If you don’t want the conference to look weak then maybe you should tell your team to pick it up. You have the talent to be one of the best in the country. Asking programs like UCF to be a national contenders for this conference is unfair. We’re playing well beyond what we do historically, and teams like SMU/ECU are also taking care of business. It’s not our responsibility to be that for the conference. If we are great, but expecting that is silly

Absolutely. Memphis has great talent wandering aimlessly around the court masquerading as a basketball team - we need a coach & a PG. And no doubt UCF is more than pulling their weight. Memphis BB has lost its way. The criteria for a Memphis BB coach is now solely one of selling tickets. Wins are secondary. And the program is slowly going down the tubes. But back to my original post, just very impressed with the precision, the discipline, shooting ability of MSU & WI today vs what I see in the AAC. A couple of very good coaches head those teams too. Wishing this for Memphis & others in our conference. We should have some great BB in this conference.
12-25-2020 08:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***General AAC Basketball Game discussion*** - Atlanta - 12-25-2020 08:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.