Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Honest to God realignment news!
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
RE: Honest to God realignment news!
(11-18-2020 01:33 AM)BellarmineGrad Wrote:  
(11-18-2020 12:12 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  I forgot someone said on here after Bellarmine left that Lindenwood and Southern Indiana could move to D1. They are not that far from UCA, Bellarmine and North Alabama.

OVC could look at the D2 Indianapolis and the Michigan schools to restock.

I don't see Indianapolis moving up. I lived there for many years, and UIndy gets hardly any support or coverage. To be fair, though, it's an extremely crowded sports market.

Similar story for Lindenwood: their campus is nice, and (at least pre-pandemic) enrollment, etc. was booming, but they don't generate any buzz in the St. Louis market. If I had to choose, though, I think LU would try D-I before UIndy.

On the other hand, I could see Southern Indiana trying to move up sooner rather than later; among other things, their new arena is great. Before the ASUN move, I figured Bellarmine and USI one day would wind up together in the Horizon, but who knows what the heck the future holds now?

Indianapolis is looking at going to another conference. With the talk of both Southern Indiana and Lindenwood looking to D1? Indianapolis wants to look for a new home. Some of the schools in that conference are in financial problems. They are big, but they may try for Horizon, OVC or MVC. They could play in the OVC for a few years and then go to MVC with Murray State.
11-18-2020 05:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Honest to God realignment news! - usffan - 11-16-2020, 02:27 PM
RE: Honest to God realignment news! - DavidSt - 11-18-2020 05:04 AM
RE: Honest to God realignment news! - C00G - 11-19-2020, 08:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.