Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

*** Official 2020 Election Thread ***
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread ***
(11-12-2020 11:23 AM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  
(11-12-2020 10:38 AM)BlazinBham Wrote:  What the GOP did regarding the nomination was no different than what’s happened historically.

If the Senate and potus share the same party, The nomination gets approved. If they don’t match, the nomination confirmation doesn’t happen. Obama finished with a GOP Senate. There’s nothing more to discuss in that regard to SCOTUS.

Anybody that argues with you otherwise, is irrational.

I don't think you're intentionally misrepresenting history here, as media and politicians have gone back and forth on this to a ridiculous degree, but I'm curious as to how you explain Kennedy's 1988 confirmation by a Democratic-majority Senate, the uncontested 1956 appointment of Brennan by Eisenhower when the Democratic-majority Senate was out of session (confirmed in 1957), or the two justices confirmed in 1888 by a Republican-majority Senate while Democrat Grover Cleveland was seeking a second term.

There very easily could be some circumstances that make these different, but other than Reagan already being in a second term, they aren't obvious to me. Now, if the argument is that we haven't faced this situation since American politics have become as partisan as they are now, I can definitely see how times like this could set a new precedent.

EDIT: Also, why does it seem like everyone in this thread has to end their posts with something like, "And if you think otherwise, you're an idiot"?

If you are referring to me, I didnt do that. I stated the truth. If you REPEAT the LIES that what happened in the ACB case was ANY DIFFERENT than what has happened historically, then you likely do have your nose up Maddows ass. Because that would be the only explanation as to why that person doesnt know any better. That includes Kamala, who lied about what Lincoln said and did.
11-12-2020 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - UofMstateU - 11-12-2020 11:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.