Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

*** Official 2020 Election Thread ***
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread ***
(11-06-2020 06:08 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  Looks like Biden has it. Arizona, Nevada, Georgia and Pennsylvania appear all headed to small margins for him, while North Carolina is likely to hold Trump. Trumps only hope, and really only in Georgia, is that late count next week overseas votes and servicemen will be in his favor by a wide margin. But honestly it's a bridge to far.

Senate appears headed to 49-49 with two runoffs in Georgia, both slight lean Republican (this assumes Trump concedes and no backlash for his dragging the defeat out).

House is 210-194 Democrat, with current leans 221-213 with one Louisiana seat to be decided in runoff. However inspection of the races out I think 225 is a more likely Democrat total when all the absentee and vetted provisional ballots are counted (not all provisional ballots are accepted, but the majority are).

As a Republican leaning voter, who always saw Trump as fraud, this is probably the best result I could have hoped for. As the President is more and more clearly defeated you will see a lot of elected Republicans finally stepping forward to denounce him. But cautiously, as a majority of GOP primary voters are deeply steeped in conspiracy "talk news" which ties together random events as if some secret hand is working against them.

I find that sad, as there are real issues to use against the Democrats and real needs of people which are not being addressed, but where the debate field has been vacated in favor of "dark forces" conspiracy BS. I pray that normalcy returns to the GOP, and importantly the alternate news dies off, and reality the focus of mainstream Republicans. Only a fantasy world view creates a Donald Trump as savior.

I find this to be a little condescending. If there is no Covid we all know the president likely wins in a laugher. I mean, DESPITE---4 years of 97% negative press by the lame stream media, an impeachment over a phone call (given Hunters laptop, this might be closer to a coverup than an impeachment), a world wide pandemic that killed 200K+ Americans, an economy reeling from the Covid shock, and a DNC campaign that outspent the president almost 3 to 1----Biden was only barely able to eek out a narrow win. With the head winds I just described---the "fraud" president still got far more votes than he did in 2016.

What that tells us is that half of America is being daily dismissed and denigrated by our mainstream media as irrelevant rubes that should be ignored and vilified. Biden actually ran on the most extreme leftist agenda ever presented by a major party candidate---how on earth does that square with being a "unifying president". Hint---it doesnt.

We are a 50-50 nation. Until the Democrats and left wing fake news understands that, the divide will only grow wider. Thats not conspiracy--thats just reality. For instance, you cant even begin to unify a nation while claiming, without proof, that roughly half its population is racist. But we elected someone who actually believes that's the case. So---despite the claims of CNN, with no proof, that we are all safe from racism, Covid, and economic strife because a dementia patient will soon wonder aimlessly into the oval office (no doubt thinking he is in a pizzaria somewhere near Scranton), expect things to get worse--not better--over the next 4 years. In fact---l suspect things will get MUCH worse before there is any chance they can start to get better. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020 07:05 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-06-2020 06:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Attackcoog - 11-06-2020 06:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.