Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2020 Presidential Election predictions
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
RE: 2020 Presidential Election predictions
(11-15-2020 02:56 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(11-15-2020 01:20 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(11-15-2020 11:47 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Watching the MSM Sunday morning shows, and they are really making a big deal of his refusal so far to concede. I wonder why they are so vociferous in their denial of his denial. Perhaps there is a grain of worry? If it is really over, just move on, and let the deniers weep and wail, as the Republicans did four years ago.

I am one who thinks it it settled, whether he was voted out or counted out. Biden will take office, for a couple of years. The Senate will remain in GOP control, barely, the house will remain Democratic, barely, and a number of statehouse will flip to red. That is the damage assessment for both sides.

For comparison, did the collusion accusations slow down the transition?

For comparison, was the incumbent President running for a subsequent term in 2016? Obama knew he was going to have to transition to SOMEONE. If Saint Hillary had fought instead of conceding, who should he have let into the intel briefings? Whoever CNN told him to?

The collusion accusations, both baseless and outlandish, affected the entire term. The obstructing was nonstop and the collusion myth that YOU supported was only a part of it.

Then the baseless and false impeachment.

So much hate from the left. I expect to see the early days of the Biden Administration marked by vengeance-taking. I expect some here to cheer it on.

Today, on CNN, the unbiased voice of the DNC, I heard them criticize the Republicans for saying they would try to make a one term president of Obama. Isn't that exactly what the democrats worked toward for 4 years and ultimately achieved? Buncha lying two faced hypocrites.

My understanding of 2000, where a contested election occurred, the transition was delayed for both candidates, so they would easily could have followed precedent if they felt that the outcome was in question.

Notice that even with the cloud of collusion, the outgoing admin facilitated a transition because they knew that the outcome of the election wasn't going to be materially affected.

The Trump admin knows that the outcome will not be materially affected at this point - they have not provided sufficient evidence to suggest otherwise and are doing the American people a disservice by not allowing the incoming admin as much time as possible to transition.
11-15-2020 03:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Election predictions - RiceLad15 - 11-15-2020 03:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.