Zorch Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
RE: Women's gymnastics, women's swimming, and volleyball reinstated
(10-20-2020 08:19 AM)Tribe32 Wrote:  
(10-20-2020 08:07 AM)Zorch Wrote:  
(10-20-2020 06:18 AM)Tribe32 Wrote:  
(10-19-2020 05:49 PM)Zorch Wrote:  
(10-19-2020 05:16 PM)Tribe32 Wrote:  I agree with you on this one 100%. The Title IX lawsuit was a distraction and not something to spend another dollar on. Problem solved. Call off the dogs.

Unfortunately, the problem is not solved. There are still four Men's sports on the chopping block.
I was stating that the Title IX problem is solved. The problem now is with money and fundraising. This may be an impossible task without multiple 10 million dollar gifts.

I was stating that the Title IX problem is solved only if you agree that dropping four men's sports is the solution. If you think the sports are worthy of saving then that means other possible solutions need to be found.

The men's teams have been dropped. This isn't up for debate. If they are reinstated or other teams are added it will be done within Title IX (I hope)

We're debating it now. It seems to be semantics. You like the words dropped and reinstated. You may say, correctly, that the women's teams were reinstated. I may say, correctly, that when you look at the historical record and see that they played every year with no gaps (other than maybe covid) that therefore those teams were never actually dropped.
10-20-2020 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Women's gymnastics, women's swimming, and volleyball reinstated - Zorch - 10-20-2020 08:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.