macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Greg Marshall under internal investigation
(10-09-2020 10:26 AM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  
(10-09-2020 10:25 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(10-09-2020 10:21 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(10-09-2020 09:55 AM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  
(10-09-2020 09:52 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  Just because a player decides it is better for their future to endure a situation doesn't mean the situation didn't happen. I don't think that is a valid argument.

If your mind is mind up based on anonymous sources then I understand why you don't think it's a valid argument. Just saying there is well more than enough uncertainty with how it was presented (all anonymous sources for the recent events) vs the reality (those players that were treated poorly, not only stayed vs other good opportunities but brought additional family members in the environment).

So I don't think your counter is a valid argument either.

Anonymous sources for recent events makes sense wouldn't you say. Would you put your name as a source if there was a possibility of retaliation.

Marshall appears to be a very good coach who develops players. If I am player with Professional aspirations it really aint that big of a deal to ignore a few jokes if that means that I have the best chance of reaching that goal.
(10-09-2020 10:23 AM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  
(10-09-2020 10:21 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(10-09-2020 09:55 AM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  If your mind is mind up based on anonymous sources then I understand why you don't think it's a valid argument. Just saying there is well more than enough uncertainty with how it was presented (all anonymous sources for the recent events) vs the reality (those players that were treated poorly, not only stayed vs other good opportunities but brought additional family members in the environment).

So I don't think your counter is a valid argument either.

Anonymous sources for recent events makes sense wouldn't you say. Would you put you name as a source if there was a possibility of retaliation.

What retaliation can happen to players that are no longer with the program? People in Wichita don't like them? Most of them will never step foot in Wichita again. Why did not a single player than transferred this year step up to have their name attached? Anonymous sources GREATLY diminish the validity of claims. That's not debatable. Especially in situations where retaliation isn't really possible.
For guys who may want to get into coaching, or guys already in coaching, their name being attached could end their career.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

If the claims are true as stated ... then I adamantly disagree. It would have zero effect on their coaching career and instead likely help them get started if they were willing to stand up to what is supposedly a toxic environment.

Lol...

It would be considered violating the sanctity of the locker room. That stuff is supposed to stay in house.

And since they are not named...How do you know none of the sources are currently on the roster or staff?

Think of it as the thin blue line of sports.

Or it could be as simple as they want to move on...Being named brings them back into the situation.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2020 10:31 AM by macgar32.)
10-09-2020 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greg Marshall under internal investigation - macgar32 - 10-09-2020 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.