ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Long Road to 4 September (2021 ODU Football news)
Chillie Willie Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: The Long Road to 4 September (2021 ODU Football news)
(11-22-2020 10:14 PM)Grommet Wrote:  
(11-22-2020 11:01 AM)Chillie Willie Wrote:  In the recruiting thread, Mr. Big Blue posted “Wolfe's skill set of drop back passing doesn't fit the offense system RR likes to run.” It occurred to me that I don’t really know what offense he plans to run. Didn’t want to create a tangent on the recruiting thread so I am posting here. What do we know about what kind of offense RR plans to run and what kind of QB he is looking for?

Re: offense: Rahne has said in interviews that he's running something similar to PSU, no huddle, shotgun, varied tempo. Other sources mention PSU's "Triangle offense" (RPO spread centered around QB/RB/TE), Zone reads & RPOs, experimented with PROs. Empty sets. Wildcats.

http://insidethepylon.com/pylon-u/teams-...e-offense/

Re: what's he looking for in a QB

A passing QB who can run. Or a running QB who can throw the bomb.

Wolff
Smartt
Williams
Anthony
Poff
Edwards (Recruit)
Shields (Recruit)

At PSU Hackenberg (8000) and McSorley (9000) both set PSU passing records. McSorley also set records for rushing yards and rushing TDs. Clifford TBD

I think Wolff more closely correlates to Hackenberg. Smartt is def more of a scrambler but if explosive plays are to be 16% of our calls I'm not sure he has the patience to wait for things to develop.

I'll agree that Wolff may not be the prototypical Rahne QB, but I think he adapts to some degree stays for the duration. To me he's the most serviceable QB of the upperclassmen.

I assume Poff/Edwards/Shields are more in the Rahne vein, but I also assume they'll need to mature before they see the field.

Thanks Grommet. Wolff is most definitely serviceable, but I wouldn’t call him an upperclassmen.
11-23-2020 10:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Long Road to 4 September (2021 ODU Football news) - Chillie Willie - 11-23-2020 10:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.