Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
WAC Expansion/FCS - for real (Official Discussion Thread)
Bookmark and Share
NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

I Root For: NMSU
RE: WAC get's 10th member - for real (Official Discussion Thread)
(11-28-2020 03:53 AM)Vaqueronation Wrote:  
(11-27-2020 10:58 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  
(11-27-2020 10:14 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(11-27-2020 08:16 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  LMAO at Tarleton being a “prized jewel”. I’m sure the MWC, CUSA, and Sun Belt are really upset they didn’t get the Texans and the WAC did.

Also, LMAO at wanting to be an A&M version of UTEP or UTSA. Really setting the bar high there!

Yes, it is, actually. Both are R2 research universities, with 25k+ enrollments, >$175mil endowments and PUF, playing FBS football in stable full-member conferences. Yes, that's EXACTLY what Tarleton is aspiring to be. And will be within 10 years.

What's really LMAO funny is some slapstick from Seattle talking like he knows anything about pursuing FBS football. Stay in your lane, slappy 05-nono

I cannot know about FBS football because I am a Seattle U fan? I’m incapable of learning about anything other than SU? What do you know about pursuing FBS football? Were you involved in the process?

UTEP and UTSA are terrible athletic programs and if you want to be like them academically, that’s fine. This is the Western Athletic Conference. It’s about athletics here. I don’t care what your school or anyone else’s school wants to do academically. That’s for snobs like the Ivy’s and Denver U.

Both go hand in hand. Denver didn't leave the conference because of GCU's athletics.

In most cases, for University Presidents, being in a conference of their academic peers matters. But because beggars can't be choosers academics has taken a backseat to athletics in the WAC; just to have a functioning conference for a bunch of misfits. I think most current WAC presidents can accept that situation. Although, over their time in the WAC, I think most schools have bettered their academic situation. Years earlier, GCU (for-profit online school) and Utah Valley (a former junior college) were the reasons why Denver couldn't stomach remaining in the WAC. I wonder how that has worked out for them? I know GCU and UVU have much stronger programs now.
11-28-2020 05:28 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: WAC get's 10th member - for real (Official Discussion Thread) - NMSUPistolPete - 11-28-2020 05:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.