Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
WAC Expansion/FCS - for real (Official Discussion Thread)
Bookmark and Share
SammyH Offline
Banned

I Root For: Sam Houston St
RE: WAC get's 10th member - for real (Official Discussion Thread)
(11-01-2020 02:42 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(11-01-2020 01:10 PM)coogkat14 Wrote:  
(11-01-2020 12:26 PM)Johnny Crunch Wrote:  
(11-01-2020 12:25 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  
(11-01-2020 12:18 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  Yes. Moving to the WAC is a national play, not regional. As such, if you want the broadened exposure it offers, you gotta pay to play. No, it will not be cheap, or easy. But nothing worth having ever is.

I asked you two specific questions and you dance around them with blanket statements to fit your own narrative. So why would you send your teams to Seattle/Chicago instead of Houston Baptist/McNeese St? The WAC has ZERO national presence. Games are on ESPN+ just like the Southland. You’re not upgrading anything except airline miles.
Seems like the only possibility is it's about football, not hoops. And if it's about football, it's about FBS eventually.

As a Bearkat fan, you are spot on. Sam has always been competitive in Football, Basketball and Baseball and attendance has fluctuated over the years. ESPECIALLY in basketball. When I was a student from 2009-2015, basketball attendance peaked in 2012 and fell off a bit. Baseball attendance holds strong and football fluctuates depending on the team. But if we move to the WAC it will be specifically for football. SHSU is a football school. I can’t see admin switching conferences if it doesn’t benefit our football program. Especially when on the FCS level the SLC consistently ranks in the top 5 in terms of strength of conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is. And Sam has all the right ingredients to also build a consistently-ranked winning basketball program. In fact, if the WAC indeed shapes up as rumored, every football playing school, already is, or has the potential to be a solid basketball school. Tarleton is moving up as both. SFA is back on its way to being both, and ACU is climbing in basketball. The more I look at it, the WAC could end up being that conference anomaly that excels at both basketball and football. Baseball would be really healthy as well. I was skeptical at first, but now you can count me in the "this needs to happen" crowd. I've seen the light.

No, all of the ingredients are not there. Administration has no vision. The team gets no support. Attendance is dreadful. Little money is put into the program. The team gets no attention from Hunstville media, students or locals.
11-01-2020 02:49 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: WAC get's 10th member - for real (Official Discussion Thread) - SammyH - 11-01-2020 02:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.