Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BYU finally coming around on the AAC (Link) but do we really even want them now?
Once a Knight... Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF Knights
RE: BYU finally coming around on the AAC (Link) but do we really even want them now?
(08-19-2020 01:54 PM)Lurkercat Wrote:  
(08-19-2020 01:31 PM)MidknightWhiskey Wrote:  
(08-19-2020 01:06 PM)Once a Knight... Wrote:  If we want to get to 14 and can get Boise and BYU on board I think the following might be the best...

Boise St (football only)
BYU (football only)
Georgia St (all-sports)

My reasoning here is that BYU and Boise would be travel partners and the big brands to bring extra eyeballs to the conference. BYU and Boise already have a bidding rivalry and would make it so neither is on an island (travel partners). As for Georgia St, their potential is too great to ignore (very large student body, in their own unique stadium which continues to evolve, smack dab in the middle of the largest city/metro in the southeast). Geographically they are the perfect fit in the middle of the existing footprint. Divisions could be as follows...

West: Boise St, BYU, Tulsa, SMU, Houston, Navy, Tulane

East: Memphis, Cincinnati, Temple, ECU, Georgia St, UCF, USF

Note: If you wanted to add additional Olympic only members then VCU and Dayton/SLU could be great adds for #13 and #14.

Sent from my LM-G820 using CSNbbs mobile app

Please allow me to fix this for you.

If we want to get to 14 and can get Boise and BYU on board I think the following might be the best...

Boise St
BYU
SDSU

Divisions could be as follows...

West: Boise St, BYU, Houston, Navy, SDSU, SMU, Tulsa

East: Cincinnati, ECU, Memphis, Temple, Tulane, UCF, USF

Yes, thank you. These are the only 3 teams that make sense to me (maybe the service academies, but Id rather spare our players from having their knees blown out every week..). IMO, with the position the AAC is in, the conference should be trying to get the best G5 teams to get as close to the P5 as possible and really distance itself from the G5. Maybe I'm wrong, but expanding just to capture new markets like Atlanta or Vegas won't help as much as really solidifying ourselves as the clear 6th (maybe even 5th) best conference.

BYU and SDSU can even help out with basketball. Not sure if that'd be too much travel though
I would think distancing from the G4 includes several factors (best teams, best brands, and TV viewership/markets). Why not accomplish both?

With that said, if we aren't able to attract any western teams that we've been mentioning, then we are right back to adding an eastern all sport member (GSU, UAB, ODU, etc.) or possibly a football only like App St, plus VCU (olympic). Guess we could stand pat at 11 as well (seems to be missing on opportunity to increase value though).

Sent from my LM-G820 using CSNbbs mobile app
08-19-2020 02:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BYU finally coming around on the AAC (Link) but do we really even want them now? - Once a Knight... - 08-19-2020 02:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.