Z-Fly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Time to Dust Off Your PowerPoint
(08-04-2020 07:33 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(08-03-2020 05:15 PM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(08-03-2020 03:18 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  
(08-03-2020 02:02 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
(08-03-2020 01:04 PM)Saint Martin Wrote:  If it's left up to Notre Dame to choose who they bring, your USC comment is only a little bit off. They would pick Navy. If they can preserve the rivalry by playing Navy in-conference, that gives them an additional game of non-conference flexibility every year. Assuming 9 game conference schedule, and locking in Stanford and USC every year, then they have one flex game every year to use on Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, etc. I'd be really worried about Navy taking our spot for no reason other than Notre Dame's convenience.

If Navy could play BB with the big boys they would play BB in the AAC. Yes I know they once had The Admiral David Robinson but that was many years ago.

Hey genius...

Navy would be a "Football only" add, just like they are in the AAC.

You can make 15 work just fine in all the other sports. 15 is only a disadvantage in FB.

And, yes, if "Notre Dame gets to pick #16..." then NO, I would suspect that Cincinnati would not be their first choice. Navy is the obvious choice for ND because of the rivalry but also because Notre Dame does NOT want to be in a "regional" conference...which the whole appeal of adding UC to "fill in" and "bridge" is based upon.

The day of needing 12, 14, or 16 teams for a conference championship game are going to be over. I expect conferences to move in a direction that allows them to place the top two teams at the standing our whatever method the see fit. If Notre Dame joins the ACC they don't need team number 16.

Agreed; this is a more likely scenario. I actually believe a 16 game playoff would be the death knell for CCG's anyway. What fan base can travel to a CCG and then hit the road again during the year end holidays for a bowl or a couple of rounds of playoffs? Of course this creates another problem: selecting the 16 best playoff contenders.

Travel wouldn't be an issue for the Top teams.

08-04-2020 08:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to Dust Off Your PowerPoint - Z-Fly - 08-04-2020 08:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.