2020 Schedule Breakdowns: #1 Marshall
Bookmark and Share
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
RE: 2020 Schedule Breakdowns: #14?
(07-28-2020 01:51 PM)FAU Connoisseur! Wrote:  
(07-28-2020 01:38 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(07-28-2020 10:12 AM)FAU Connoisseur! Wrote:  
(07-28-2020 09:49 AM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  I have finished my annual predictions for the 2020 season (If we get to play it). Last season there were some accurate predictions like ODU's season, the rise of Charlotte, and WKU being the most improved team, but also some big misses like the total collapse of North Texas, and the under performance of FIU. This year I have modified my formula in hopes of increasing accuracy. Again, these are my interpretations of data, and how I think the season would play out. I have left my bias out of the equation. Due to the uncertainty of the pandemic, I have limited the prediction to just conference records and bowl eligibility. The OOC portion of the schedule is changing almost daily and has a higher probability of not be played at all.

In the bigger picture, I am predicting that the eastern division will again be stronger than the western division in 2020. I believe the eastern schools will finish with a 29-27 conference record, while I believe the western schools will finish 27-29. I think the East will have 5 teams finish bowl eligible, while I think the West finishes with 4. Additionally, I believe the conditions presented by COVID-19 will alter the quality of performance on the field. As players are placed in quarantine, back ups and underclassmen will be vital to a teams success. I predict overall roster talent will be an even greater factor this season. And if we play, this factor should result in some very sloppy football for every team.

Feel free to debate. I always welcome good sound logic. This thread will be updated with changes to the title to reflect the current team be evaluated.

And in the #14 spot....

UTEP

UTEP under Dimel has been awful. Last season I thought they might begin to turn things around, but it never happened. Dimel is in the third year of a five year contract. While logic would predict he doesn't finish the season, I'm not sure UTEP would be willing to buyout the last two years. The data is very bleak for UTEP. The Miners feature a Junior heavy lineup and they are low on overall talent compared to every C-USA programs they will face. Unfortunately for UTEP fans, I just don't see any winnable conference games on the Miners schedule this season.

UTEP (0-8)
L- @ LA Tech
L- Southern Miss
L- @ Charlotte
L- North Texas
L- FIU
L- @ UTSA
L- UAB
L- @ Rice

Check back near the end of the week. I'll post #13 around Thursday or Friday.

They will beat FIU, that road trip is a bear.

We have won in El Paso before, by two TD, with RON TURNER. If we lose it will not be due to distance.

Great, FIU will lose this game.

lol, if that is what you think then say it instead of BSing about road trip lol.
07-28-2020 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Schedule Breakdowns: #14? - FIU4Ever - 07-28-2020 02:03 PM
RE: 2020 Schedule Breakdowns: #14? - ESE84 - 07-28-2020, 05:02 PM
RE: 2020 Schedule Breakdowns: #13? - Dusky - 08-01-2020, 07:45 PM
RE: 2020 Schedule Breakdowns: #13? - Dusky - 08-02-2020, 11:51 AM
RE: 2020 Schedule Breakdowns: #13? - ESE84 - 08-02-2020, 11:37 AM
RE: 2020 Schedule Breakdowns: #11? - ESE84 - 08-09-2020, 11:57 AM
RE: 2020 Schedule Breakdowns: #9? - MT FAN - 08-17-2020, 10:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.