Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A couple men's basketball recruiting notes
Bookmark and Share
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: A couple men's basketball recruiting notes
(06-15-2021 05:11 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Keyon Menifield Jr just got a Toledo offer. Also offers from Cleveland St and EMU. He had announced a few days ago he was headed to prep school. He has been playing at several showcase events and doing well. Pono knows his stuff and can fill the rest of you in.

per the prompt, I can weigh in a little, but haven't seen a lot of menifield. very skinny 6 foot guard with really good feel for scoring. one of those guys who is a scorer more than a shooter or pg or sg. quick, smooth, good w both hands, but size will limit his offers. rockets have made a move on several higher rated 2022 guys over the past couple months and menifield would not be at the top of my list w no available scholarships (but the likelihood of a couple opening up w the way transfers are these days). it's not that i don't think he can make plays on offense or will succeed in the MAC (under-recruited small guards like him often overachieve in the MAC), just that we got more rounded bigger guys on our radar.

a justin ingram offer, btw. sometimes who leads the recruiting tells you a lot about the level of UT interest. now, to offer a guy the whole staff needs to buy in on the scouting, but it's interesting to try and catch who is the lead recruiter. offutt recruits a lot. massey not as much. lauf did an interview explaining how in his staff position he cannot do in person recruiting, so he honed his job as a video coordinator to mesh with international scouting. so, he can be a lead scout and recruiter for guys none of the staff is likely to travel and see for in person scouting and recruiting. sounds like coach k played a bigger role in the recruiting and offer to jevaughn hannah the mt clemen's, MI kid who has been highly recruited nationally but strangely had no local offers with UM and MSU lightly recruiting him and most of the MAC level schools viewing him as out of their reach. i imagine he is #1 or #2 on our board. also like elmore james the burly cleveland guard whose best D1 offer of 10 or so is probably toledo. however, his recruiting is hot and big name programs are starting to recruit him harder. i also like chubby but quick bog guy out of suburban chicago danny wolf. UT was his best offer a month ago but recently depaul, harvard and minnesota have offered. TK's philosophy is to recruit hard locally and beyond. to offer a lot of kids but zero in on a few of the better ones to really go after. i no longer have the connections i used to for getting bits of insider recruiting gossip. so, i'm just guessing on who they like a lot and who is a "soft" offer.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2021 04:10 AM by pono.)
06-16-2021 12:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A couple men's basketball recruiting notes - pono - 06-16-2021 12:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.