Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Will there be a P5 realignment by 2026? NOTE: You can vote for more than one option.
ACC will gain/lose teams
B1G will gain/lose teams
Big-12 will gain/lose teams
PAC-12 will gain/lose teams
SEC will gain/lose teams
No P5 teams will realign.
[Show Results]

Will there be a P5 realignment by 2026?
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

I Root For: UK, Lipscomb
RE: Will there be a P5 realignment by 2026?
(07-28-2020 01:52 PM)schmolik Wrote:  
(07-28-2020 01:33 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  
(07-28-2020 01:27 PM)XLance Wrote:  ESPN is getting ready to spend big money on the SEC. As I mentioned in another thread, they are going to be looking for a ROI.
Some of the pieces are in the wrong places to maximize profits
I think there is a strong possibility where some SEC teams will migrate to the ACC and vice versa. Even though football drives the bus money wise, there is still a lot of air time to fill between New Years and Labor day.

Why shuffle when you could just raid ACC and Big 12 and go to 24?

No one in the SEC is going to voluntarily switch to the ACC without assurances that the pay will be the same if not better.

I've mentioned Clemson and Kentucky are the two teams that are obviously in the wrong conferences. ESPN can certainly give Kentucky SEC money to play in the ACC and vice versa and get Clemson as part of SEC football and Kentucky as part of ACC men's basketball.

OK, try this for a curveball... switching Clemson for Kentucky hurts both basketball the football revenue for the SEC. If we are talking dollars and cents, the SEC would definitely not trade Clemson straight up for Kentucky right now in all sports, and you would need to flip a coin to determine if they would trade just for football because it would depend on your metric for who was more valuable. Bottom line dollars, Kentucky would add more value to the ACC as a football school than as a basketball school.

Kentucky has been a perfectly fine fit in the SEC since... well... forever. I do agree that adding two from either UNC/NCST and UVA/VT would help Kentucky to have more natural top line rivals. We understand our place as a second-tier rival in football for most SEC East teams because of our weak football history, but I think it is fair to say that no one in the East is particularly eager to play us in the Stoops era, especially USC.

Bottom line, Florida State is the only ACC school that is objectively more valuable to the SEC right now than Kentucky. Everyone else in the ACC is playing catch-up in the revenue game, and Louisville is ironically our closest second.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020 06:50 PM by bigblueblindness.)
07-28-2020 06:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will there be a P5 realignment by 2026? - bigblueblindness - 07-28-2020 06:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.