[Show Results]

Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19
Bookmark and Share
HighCountry Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: APP STATE
RE: Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19
(08-01-2020 09:38 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(07-30-2020 05:30 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  This all feels like the same folks complaining about big SUVs also complaining about masks. Same mindset. If I'm below the age of 40 with no underlying conditions my chances of dyeing from Corona are about the same as being struck by lightening. For me I'm driving the Truck or SUV but I'm over 50 with an underlying condition so I'm wearing a mask. The do gooders among us are welcome to drive the Prius if you feel led and wearing a mask would be appreciated. I feel much safer when you do and forcing you to do so so that my family can be safer in the SUV I must admit is not beyond me. All that to say I get it. Carry on do gooders. I'll keep the faith and one day my family will be alone driving the SUV. This is all nonsense and just another tool to point fingers. Ware a freakn mask if you feel led and or are worried.

The example used here is...strange.

I've said several times that I would support stronger measures if there would be support at the National level for everyone who would lose their jobs. That's not happening in the current political climate.

Since the support isn't there, than Covid becomes about understanding and accepting personal risk. You can do your best to not sicken those around you, but expecting everyone in the country to make that call when we've got elected leaders on both sides doing nothing is a really hard ask.

Example: A High school friend of mine is a pastor in the Florida Panhandle. On Facebook today he released his video advertising the backpack drive his church was doing. Insisting that there would be strict social distancing and mask wearing during it, all the while a church event with roughly 100 people goes on behind him all packed into a tight space without masks on. About 3 minutes into the video he turns and acknowledges "Well, we're not social distancing now, but we're all family here"

In some US States, that entire event would be a violation of the law, and he'd likely be facing large amounts of fines for allowing the event to go on. In other places, gathering like that are protected by the law.

People may not like it, but this is where we are. Every state, every city, every county has different laws in terms of how to handle this. There's no strategy, and no support, so any attempt that a state makes to try and stop this ends up looking like we're throwing a bucket of water on a raging inferno.

If a breakout and subsequent hospitalizations and deaths are linked to that service in the video, should he be held accountable for facilitating the gathering and the ensuing spread of the virus?
08-02-2020 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19 - HighCountry - 08-02-2020 12:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.