Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
RE: Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19
(07-07-2020 06:00 PM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  
(07-07-2020 03:43 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(07-07-2020 09:30 AM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  
(07-07-2020 09:18 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(07-06-2020 07:32 PM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  Interesting point. Because I don’t want to hear epidemiologists tell us when we should open businesses back up, because they are not economists.

Soooo, I guess in your mind ECONOMISTS should be the experts on a Health Care issue . . . . That's Brilliant thinkin' right there.

NEWS FLASH: Virus don't care about your economic plans . . . Don't care about your businesses . . . . Don't care when you want to reopen.

You want Business Back, you want customers to have faith/trust in returning to those businesses . . . .

Get the Virus under Control.

No. I want economists to be the experts on economic issues.

They all agree we’ve wrecked our economy, and we can’t continue to do so.

I don’t think Dr. Joe Blow Virus Alarmist understands the societal fallout from shutting down the economy indefinitely.

Look across the country right now. Murders are sky rocketing in the cities that locked down. This is just the beginning if the country shuts down again.

You want to talk about loss of life? Stop worrying about flu 2.0 and start worrying about Great Depression 2.0.

The US makes up approximately 4.5% of the World's Population, yet we lead the world in COVID cases, approximately 3 million and COVID Deaths, approximately 131,000.

Almost every other country dealing with this thing has managed to get it somewhat under control, flatten the curve, except The U.S.

Here, there is NO unified National Response to this crisis, Probably a major contributing factor to our inability to control the spread of the Disease.

The experts (scientists and Doctors not economists) warned the country that if states tried to open too soon, we'd see this thing spike again . . . . and here we are.

Almost every state that reopened early is seeing COVID spikes, and at least 20 states have now either stopped or reversed their attempted reopenings.

There are Hospitals in Fla. and TX that are rapidly approaching capacity. Your calling this "The Flu 2.0" is amusing, though I doubt Front line Doctors and Nurses who've been fighting this thing day in and day out would see any humor. Many of these people are working double shifts, some away from their families in order to limit infecting them, many have fallen by the wayside. BTW, lose enough Doctors and Nurses, and who is going to take care of the sick and dying? Your economists?

Nobody wants the country in lockdown indefinitely, sorry if this Health Care Emergency is an inconvenience to you. Everyone wants the economy reopened and a return to normalcy. But it's not going to happen just because you want it to, and it's not going to happen by ignoring this Virus. The virus don't care.

Like it or not, you get the economy back when you get the Virus under control , not the other way around.

No thanks. I’ll stick with the reopening now, thanks.

Already been through the whole discussion about the death count being bogus so I’m not going to rehash all of that.

By the way, spare me the lecture about the medical professionals. My brother is a doctor in a hospital, my younger sister is a nurse, and my mother is a nurse. They’re all in the hospital every day. I hear directly from them what they think about this, so you giving me your opinion of how they feel is irrelevant.

Sweden never shut down . . . . and their economy is still a train wreck, attributed to the virus.

Covid is like a lit match . . . throwing people together haphazardly is like throwing gas on that match.

You can't pretend it away, you can't ignore it away.

Until we accept the Science, and do what the Science tells us in order to get this thing under control, it will continue to run amuck, and the U.S. Will continue to be a COVID laughing stock.
07-12-2020 10:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19 - Bobcat87 - 07-12-2020 10:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.