panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
RE: Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19
(06-20-2020 07:23 AM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  
(06-20-2020 07:01 AM)panama Wrote:  
(06-20-2020 06:46 AM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 09:43 PM)panama Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 07:03 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  Total BS. Is the virus real? Yes. Did we prevent anything by shutting down? No. Just delayed it. And for something that in the general population is less fatal than the flu.
Because people didn't really shut down. People kept going to the store . Kept going to the beach. Kept having parties. And most didn't wear masks the first 4 weeks. My Delivery people from Instacart and Walmart and Amazon largely STILL don't. Don't blame the shutdown. Blame the lack of a serious shutdown.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It is laughable to say that bolder part.

The “experts” told us for the first 4 weeks that wearing a mask was unnecessary, harmful, and immoral. They said it didn’t prevent infection, encouraged you to touch your face more (thereby making it more harmful), and immoral because you were taking valuable masks out of the supply base for medical workers.

Then after 4 weeks of hearing that, they did a 180 and told us it was harmful and immoral if we did NOT wear masks.

So you’ll have to forgive those of us who look at the “experts” and “leaders” for what they really are. Clueless.
The leadership said so even as countries in East Asia were like WTH when they saw us not wearing masks. I had friends in Korea texting every day in March and April asking "What is HAPPENING over there?!" . After China flattened their curve and sent scientists and doctors to Italy, the first thing they said was "um, you realize this isn't a real shutdown, right? Why is your public transit running? You still have people in the streets!"

The problem here is this all became about politics and money and if a few thousand people die who cares as long as I can keep going to Walmart and the beach. Blaming the "experts" makes no sense unless you blame the self appointed "expert" talking and tweeting over them constantly. The funny part is that if this had all been done correctly the curve would have been flattened and we could be getting back to normalcy by the Fall. Korea and Taiwan are playing professional sports again.

The other thing to consider is how many cases and deaths would we have if nothing had been done at all and everything had just remained open?

Let me leave no uncertainty on where I stand. I think both democrats and republicans are equally idiotic. I think ole Donny boy is a clown. I am not a trump supporter.

The very fact that you interpret my assertion that the clueless “experts” and “leaders” I’m referring to somehow omits Donald is exactly why this country is doomed.

In this country, people believe that you are either a trump lover or trump hater. It’s a binary choice for most people. I am neither. I just think that every single “expert” and “leader” on this subject, on both sides of the aisle, dropped the ball on this in a spectacular way.

This whole coronavirus response was a farce, both by the far left and the trump zombies.

We wrecked our economy for nothing. Our country accelerated its path towards insolvency, and people’s lives were ruined over what amounted to nothing more than something similar to the flu. But no one will be held accountable.
It's not similar to the flu...

...and it's not over

06-20-2020 08:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19 - panama - 06-20-2020 08:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.