OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
RE: Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19
(06-19-2020 11:36 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 09:48 PM)panama Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 07:08 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 02:23 PM)panama Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 01:11 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  Was always BS not because it wasn't real or dangerous but because it was so poorly managed with too much contradictory information being spouted by so called experts.
The experts told the truth. The people in charge chose to be the Mayor from Jaws.

There is a reason why South Korea with the same information has 12k cases and 280 deaths in a country of 50M

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I am curious as to have they counted Covid19 deaths in a lot of countries. This virus doesn't magically dissapear because people spend a few weeks in solitary. I'm sure they were able to do a better job in containment, but our numbers of dead are so inflated its comical.
I have been to Korea 4 times and spent maybe a total of four months there. Talks to people there a couple times a week. Masks are a part of the culture as in obedience to authority. They REALLY shut down and REALLY stayed home. Lol @ blaming their numbers.

Let's say that they actually had ten times as many cases and deaths.

That's what 120k vs 2.2M for is!??!!

By the way, they didn't lie about their numbers because they don't have the mayor from Jaws running things. LOL

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If you look at the countries with the most success in stopping this, the most common denominator I see is general trust that the government and leadership will make the correct decisions.

The Leadership of Iceland and New Zealand enjoy really high approval ratings, and both countries have pretty much eradicated the disease within their own borders. Germany, South Korea, and Japan are other similar situations.

I'm not sure lockdowns are the sure fire way to stop it. While New Zealand implemented a strict lockdown, and South Korea did as well, Japan and Iceland did not. What happened is that leadership in those countries made requests of the population, and the populartion largely complied.

There might be 50 different responses to stopping this in the US, but the one thing we can be sure of is that most residents don't trust the government as far as they can throw them. That makes things like mask wearing and social distancing nearly impossible to enforce.

Mask wearing and social distancing starts with the individual. You have to decide if you want to slow this down and help protect at risk people. It's not all about obeying the government of medical experts. They might know more than you. Don't be a mini trump.
06-20-2020 04:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19 - OsageJ - 06-20-2020 04:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.