Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
RE: ASUN Expansion Targets to Replace NJIT
(06-27-2020 08:02 PM)lion1983 Wrote:  
(06-27-2020 05:07 PM)NoDak Wrote:  
(06-27-2020 04:23 PM)lion1983 Wrote:  
(06-27-2020 03:14 PM)Gibson Tiger Wrote:  
(06-25-2020 07:20 PM)lion1983 Wrote:  The ASUN should go hard after Howard, West Florida and Norfolk State.

And UNA should be in the OVC.What did you hear about the vote when UNA and N.Kentucky were trying to join the league.Here,in Tennessee,it was that 3 schools voted against you and they were Tennessee schools.I actually think not taking NKU was the right move seeing as to how quick they left the ASUN.But the UNA is another story and I think the OVC made a big mistake.

What I was told was that a couple of schools said it is "a bad look" for the OVC to invite a school strait from D2.

I dont know what they told NKU, but we were told it's a formality for UNA to get in, and then it didnt happen. It really set UNA back on their timeline. OVC officials were nonstop coming to Florence, staying in the best hotel, and eating at the most expensive restaurants on UNAs dime.

I do know that there was one individual on the UNA board of trustees that was against the move for whatever reasons, she kept running her mouth about things and that may have detoured some OVC people about the move. But she is no longer on the BOT.

The schools that I was told was for UNA joining was JSU, Tennessee Martin, Austin Peay, Murray State, SEMO. Dont know for sure how others felt, I was also told EKU people was against UNA.

As far as the ASUN, UNA is happy there, but football could be in a better situation. If West Florida was invited and a football solution was better, being that UNA and West Florida have turned into a good rivalry over the years, UNA would likely stay in the ASUN. But both have happen for UNA not to consider other options only due to football.

When Murray St or Jacksonville St leaves, the OVC will need FCS. Best chance is it Murray St leaves. If Jacksonville St leaves, UNA would actually be the far south team and some school like WIU work be possible. WIU doesn't fit the Summit for travel any more as it doesn't have a reasonable or close airport, and it's finances are questionable. Southern Indiana might be a good travel choice, but it is DII still with no FB. But Evansville has the tournament now.

SIU-Edwardsville was the most recent OVC school taken from DII, so it isn't impossible.

The thing about UNA and the OVC, if JSU ain't in it, UNA ain't that interested in the OVC.

If you could have UNA, JSU and Kennesaw all in one conference, that would be optimal.

And your right, UNA would be the further South school of JSU isnt in the OVC, but you do realize UNA is just a few miles south of the Tennessee State line, right?

The OCV now has a territory of Nashville- St Louis plus or minus 50 miles. minus Alabama and E Kentucky teams.
06-27-2020 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ASUN Expansion Targets to Replace NJIT - NoDak - 06-27-2020 09:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.