Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
RE: Response to the killing of George Floyd
(07-14-2020 10:24 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(07-14-2020 09:10 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(07-14-2020 08:40 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(07-14-2020 06:06 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(07-14-2020 05:45 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  Now you are simply castigating me for noting your "stating an unqualified belief in an issue, with the only basis you have as seemingly a poll of some amorphous group of 'friends and black friends" as a "truism".

Honestly, I cant think of a better one word description of that act as a "truism". Can you?

Castigating? Jeez... you use such hyperbolic language to describe everybody else here. Did I "castigate" you? Or did I just explain why I have a different opinion than you?

I guess you cant think of a better description than preaching a truism is the short answer to the actual query above.

I guess now you simply wish to move down a different tack (thank you George) with other items (i.e. the misdirect into word choice), but, the act of avoidance does seem to be a something that you are extraordinarily well versed in.

Quite the combination of moves there, 93: spout an 'opinion' as truthism, when called on it ignore it as much as possible, and when you cant make headway simply start in on a complaint about the language. Not the first time for you at that rodeo, cowboy. Perhaps that is your version of 'burning down the Luby's.'

Still never "preached a truism"

Again, perhaps suggest a different word that is 'Well I spouted a bald ass opinion, with zero objective facts, and all based on conversations of some amorphous group of black people'. You know, what I suggested that you do earlier.

Expressing our opinions is kosher on this forum, correct? I referenced the fact that in the past we have posted studies to support the racial bias in policing. I acknowledged that you can find data to support both sides of the argument. I said that we should agree to disagree. If all that is "preaching a truism" to you then many things on this forum are likely to set you off.

Quote:
Quote:but (as usual) don't let the untidy fact that you're overstating things stop you from a engaging in a good rant.

See the query above, 93. I am all ears. Have been for awhile.

What query? A different word for "preaching a truism"? How about "expressing an opinion"?

Quote:As for 'rant' -- what precisely do you call the above there, since all it does is try to avoid an issue in a veneer of ad hom? Or perhaps the entirety of your immediate prior post where all you can do is complain about a word choice -- that is, instead even attempting in the absolute slightest with the subject at hand.

huh?

Quote:
Quote:Have a good night. I'm reminded why sometimes my better angel drives me to not engage in this level of conversation with you.

Go burn down that Luby's there, 93. Funny thing is that it is you that chose to change the issue into language and tone, instead of objective factual issues. Yet you blather about the 'level of conversation'. Very rich there, indeed, 93.

The level of self-reflection in your ending posts is seemingly at a stark minimum.

What are my "ending posts"?

Quote:By the way, having one who staked a broadly worded truism upon 'well I polled my black acquaintances and the unqualified assertion is made simply by my own opinion, and not on any objective basis' who then wails about an 'overstatement' (of any sort) seems to be another quite rich example of a fairly complete lack of self-reflection. But, burn down that Luby's again there, pardner.

What "broadly worded truism"? That I believe that there is racial component to police brutality in the United States?

I said that I would listen to my friends in the black community when it comes to forming my own opinion on an issue that specifically affects the black community. It's confusing to me that that is so hard for you to come to terms with.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020 11:32 PM by Rice93.)
07-14-2020 11:29 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Response to the killing of George Floyd - Rice93 - 07-14-2020 11:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.