Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Response to the killing of George Floyd
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: Response to the killing of George Floyd
(07-08-2020 01:35 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  To the bold: I actually laughed out loud. Yeah, I'm the reason for any degradation of content on this board.

As I said....

I was having a rather strong political disagreement with other long-time members of this board... and while certainly there were significant disagreements between me, numbers, OO and iirc, Tanq... all essentially on one side and me on the other... Nobody resorted to references to people's ages or political affiliation or education or anything else....

except you.

So yes, in that specific conversation, you absolutely degraded the conversation when you had a VERY clear opportunity to instead, support someone moving in your general direction on a very topical issue... or just stay out if you didn't care to add to it.

If you can find a situation where you, big, at ease and 93 were having a substantive disagreement, and I (or really any of us from the right) came in and slung mud, feel free to present it and I'll take my (or admonish them) share of the blame. This in many ways goes to the 'indistinguishable' issue... because that was one of VERY MANY conversations we've had on here for years now where the differences between those of us on the right were made quite obvious... IF anyone were paying attention or cared to see us as individuals rather than just 'the right', including maga hat wearers and 'deplorables'.

Quote:To the remainder of that statement, I've wasted enough time on here that it's pretty clear that my only purpose is not flinging ****. I definitely do it every once in a while, but you're blinded by your own self-righteousness if you either think that is my only contribution or you think you're only condescending to me.

Odd that you say this... demonstrating exactly the same point. You have your perception of you and me, I have mine of me and you. It's pretty clear that I'm not the only one on here who finds you to be a regular mud-slinger either, yet you don't think that fits? Odd that. You're big on these sort of 'all or nothing' binary decisions... when life is and especially opinions are, oh so much more complex that that. I say you do it, and you reply back with how self-righteous of you to say it's my ONLY purpose... which of course I did not say... so now we get to continue playing these games.

Absolutely I treat you with condescention at times... I freely admit that and have explained why... and that sometimes bleeds over to others, especially if they take issue with something I said to you... and that's on them for internalizing something not meant for them. I can't say I've never spoken condescendingly to others, but neither can you.... so now you want to argue over who is more frequently condescending?

I have also on rare occassion, put on my moderators hat and responded to some questions about moderation on this forum or more generally, just reminded people of the purpose of this forum... and that IS the actions of 'dad'.... but it's been pretty rare.... and often in response to some PMs that you may not be aware of where I felt a general public comment was more beneficial than a barrage of PMs. I'd note that you've mentioned a few of these as examples of my condescencion.... As I'm sure I didn't mention you specifically in those posts... but more of a 'hey guys'... sort of comment... If you took that personally, that was your choice and/or you recognized your own guilt... which was the intent... but not merely for you, but for anyone 'guilty' including me. That can tend to increase the perception... I can't do much about that, nor do I care to. Debate my substance or put me on ignore. As a Mod, I don't have that luxury.

I am far from perfect... and this forum is NOT one with heavy moderation. As Rice grads, it IS the expectation that we engage in a higher level of discourse than one where anyone with an email address can join in... but it's not an English Tea Party.

I generally debate issues/topics... not people, and will continue to do so. I don't usually look to see what 'poster#7' said today... I generally read the post and decide if I want to respond or not, and THEN see who wrote it. I mostly catch responses to things I said, or references to me. Pretty obviously, I will take issue with people on my same side of the political aisle as well, when I see a meaningful difference of opinion. That's what a political forum is for, and why I'm here.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020 09:46 AM by Hambone10.)
07-09-2020 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Response to the killing of George Floyd - Hambone10 - 07-09-2020 09:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.