Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Response to the killing of George Floyd
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
RE: Response to the killing of George Floyd
(07-08-2020 12:57 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(07-08-2020 11:04 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  Again, I'm still asking you to tell me what quote you're referencing, and how i misquoted it.

Please have the guts to actually provide where I misquoted you or insult someone, so I can own my own insults.

The gist of it was... 'As Ham says... You're not this stupid, I don't think'.... in a conversation where I hadn't been involved.... so you brought me into a discussion where I was not present, and quoted me from another conversation rather than simply saying it for yourself.

I certainly didn't say it to the person you said it to, nor in context of what you were saying it about... Whether or not it was a direct quote (it's close enough, but may or may not be a direct quote) it is being used out of the context in which I used it. It would be different if I had said it to that person on that issue, but I hadn't... so you specifically brought me and my comments into a conversation where I had not been present and did not use those words.

Quote:And if you charge didn't have anything to do with the indistinguishable conversation, why did you write:
"Says the guy who drug me into a conversation of which I was not previously a part, and then misquoted me in an effort to make a 'snide' comment to someone else, but not have to own up to the repercussions?

Also the labeling of us as 'indistinguishable'.... see my signature."

**** me, that last line wasn't directed at me?
Here is what my signature says....
“The moment when someone attaches you to a philosophy or a movement, then they assign all the baggage and all the rest of the philosophy that goes with it to you. And when you want to have a conversation, they will assert that they already know everything important there is to know about you because of that association. And that's not the way to have a conversation.”

I think that specifically applied to the 'indistinguishable' conversation.... So yes, it was addressed to you as an example of people 'not engaging in honest discussion' which you said nobody advocated for. To me, that's a meaningless comment. Nobody is going to advocate for meaningless conversation, in fact they most often won't acknowledge that its meaningless... especially if the meaning that THEY are looking for is simply to insult others... they're just going to engage in it. I never said that you engaged in it during that time, did I? Of course not. I simply challenged your comment that nobody 'advocated' for it, and gave you an example. The entire conversation (as far as I was concerned) was about someone defending what they knew was dismissive.

Context

Quote:Ham, I choose to be a dick because you're often condescending in how you post and definitely don't realize it (while you chide others for being so). You try and act like people's fathers on this board, explaining how flawed their ways are, and it's tiring. Then you constantly insult people's intelligence, which is why I stopped posting for a bit a few weeks ago.

Maybe we should just stop interacting for a bit, it seems like even less worthwhile conversations happen than with most posters.

I HAVE generally avoided addressing you, Which is precisely why I took issue with your dragging me into a conversation where I hadn't said anything and it brought no meaning to the conversation. I even mentioned that I'd avoided you during that 'indistinguishable' conversation.... precisely because they are not productive.

You keep saying I'm condescending... towards you? Absolutely. I find your means of debate to frequently be 'beneath' the level of conversation that most enjoyed on here before you came along. You occasionally have meaningful things to say, but when challenged, you frequently revert to this same deflection and misdirection and arguing in the absurd. There are plenty of forums for people to simply throw stones at people on the other side of the political aisle... This wasn't designed to be 'that', but instead to engage in somewhat more elevated conversation.

An example... I was having a polite, though strongly held disagreement with iirc, OO and numbers about policing... and you came in with 'Now you know how we feel' (or something to that effect). You didn't add to the conversation and I'm betting you and I might have found some common ground there, you simply came in and threw stones. You did the same thing by bringing me up in your insult towards them in this thread. You're damn right I'm going to treat you with condescension when that seems to be your only purpose here.

To the bold: I actually laughed out loud. Yeah, I'm the reason for any degradation of content on this board.

To the remainder of that statement, I've wasted enough time on here that it's pretty clear that my only purpose is not flinging ****. I definitely do it every once in a while, but you're blinded by your own self-righteousness if you either think that is my only contribution or you think you're only condescending to me.

Edit: Ham, I’m not sure what I did to initially offend you anymore, but obviously this back and forth has gone on for a few months now, neither of us endearing each other to the other. I offer an actual apology for whatever the initial offense may have been, and am just gonna steer clear for a while.

Take it easy.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2020 01:52 PM by RiceLad15.)
07-08-2020 01:35 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Response to the killing of George Floyd - RiceLad15 - 07-08-2020 01:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.