Rice93 Online
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
RE: Response to the killing of George Floyd
(06-16-2020 07:44 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(06-16-2020 07:13 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(06-16-2020 06:42 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(06-16-2020 06:23 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Despite the paucity of left wing participation, a few important points have cropped up.

Proportionality: I guess if police patrol more in "high crime areas", there will be more arrests of people living in those areas. Since most high crime areas are poor, and most black people are disproportionately poor, it seems reasonable that their arrests would not be proportional to race. Trying to show racism with proportionality is a flawed exercise without other factors being controlled for.

Vouchers: I like the idea in principle. A poor black kid can take his business anywhere, it seems. Seems like capitalism: maybe that is why the left doesn't like it. But it seems it needs a little tweaking.

Health racism: I am hearing that democrat dominated cities are declaring health as part of racism. Coronavirus strikes blacks disproportionately, but I don't know how that makes it racist, unless diabetes and high blood pressure (both of which I have) are also racist. Lots of things are not equal in nature. There are differences between the races that have nothing to do with white power or eight-generations-past slavery or eight-decades-past laws.

Attitudes toward cops: I was raised to respect the police, not to fear them. Perhaps this is why so many blacks who die by police are resisting or fleeing. I wonder what the proportionality is there. If I have been taught from infancy the cops are going to kill me, I might resist of flee also. Seems like sometimes, this is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

My issue isnt necessarily in the substance, like above.

I find my issue more in the utter preening by progressives in vague, gossamer phrases.

Which seems to be followed by studious silence when queried on the backing for those grandiose, vague, gossamer phrases.

Once in a while one gets a grab bag of one sentence 'proofs' like the following:
Quote:Do you want to look at health outcomes of black versus white Americans? Even when stratified by income? The infant mortality rate of black kids versus white kids? Maternal death rate?
as "proof" of the vague, gossamer phrases.

Of course there is never any response to *any* reply to the contrary.

Of course, those same poindexters then pompously refer any person elsewhere who *doesnt* want to discuss the issues as 'flippant to an issue that is critically important.' All the while they studiously run the fk away from such conversations elsewhere.

I dont know which is worse, the pomposity of the actions, the hypocrisy of the actions, or, if they dont note the hypocrisy of those actions, the ignorance inherent in the whining about the 'not wishing to discuss the issue' as being 'flippant' in light of their own personal cowardice on the exact same subject.

One would think that you could differentiate between:

1) Responding to an earnest comment of "This is important stuff. Let's keep this conversation going." with "Let's not".

2) Not engaging in every one of your follow-up comments/questions especially when they are often couched with your signature histrionics and insults.

IMO 1) is "flippant" while 2) isn't.

I don't even know why I'm spending my time on this. I can't believe my original comment in support of MerseyOwl's statement sent you spiraling down this path.

First, it is in *your* omniscient, and subjective, worldview that "let's not" is flippant.

I find that comment from you simply judgmental as all fk, at best. Maybe worse than judgmental. That isnt the main issue.

MerseyOwl referred to the comment as "absolute cowardice". I didn't remember anything in that thread being especially noteworthy so I asked him about it. I'm assuming that some of your hypertensive crisis over this is directed at him?

Quote:What is rather extremely grotesque about your subjective characterization is *your* refusal to engage, when you deride and chastise another's simple reticence to engage.

All the while you have been running your ass away from that same discussion.

Ummm... but I did engage. Remember a few posts above when this was clarified? Then I didn't follow-up to your follow-up questions. I can't remember if I got busy or I just got tired of your histrionics.

Quote:I guess you dont see the utter hilarity there that you present in that bifurcated picture of courage there. What a tool.

I consider this a step up from a "useless moron".
06-16-2020 07:52 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Response to the killing of George Floyd - Rice93 - 06-16-2020 07:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.