RiceLad15 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
RE: Response to the killing of George Floyd
(06-08-2020 11:05 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(06-08-2020 11:02 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(06-08-2020 10:33 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(06-08-2020 10:16 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(06-08-2020 09:58 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Democrats are in the vanguard of the "defund' movement. You are a Democrat. I wanted to hear a Democrat's opinion of a Democrat movement. If you choose to not defend you fellow Democrats, just say so and keep avoiding the topic.

My experience, and that of history, is that the larger a group of people, the more a police presence is needed. That is why we have more police in London, England than Hole in the Wall, Wyoming. So it seems both odd and unworkable that a major part of your party wants to eliminate or defund policing. We recently had one of your guys tell us that law and order was code - so is no law and disorder the answer?

Again, you're asking me to defend a topic I know very little about..
I don't know the ins and outs of defunding police departments and why it would or wouldn't be a good solution to specific problems. It's outside of my wheelhouse of knowledge/understanding in a way that other political issues aren't.

I'm neither going to defend, or attack, anyone on either side of this issue.

Actually, you would not have to defend, although I do expect you to usually defend anything Democrat. But I hoping you could explain it. Apparently not.

True, budgeting and personnel would outside your expertise. But you often go outside your expertise, which i would define as engineering. On a political discussion board we all go outside our expertise on a regular basis. I appreciate that we have members with different backgrounds who can contribute - health officials, lawyers, professors, veterans, etc. I appreciate their input. Oddly, only you and Big have told us your areas - the rest are mum. But I do not require anybody to be a Border Patrolman or immigration lawyer to speak on immigration issues. I merely ask that they be reasonable and logical. If anybody has experience or expertise that sheds light on the topic, so much the better. But it is not a requirement.

I for one, will be interested to see where this movement takes us. maybe I am the only one. I don't see any good coming of it, bt I am open to being shown. Maybe AtEase can find a Twitter trail that explains it.

Why would I be able to explain this?

One can have opinions outside of their area of expertise, as you state. But typically, things I've posted about I've either read about, learned about, or have some other experience with.

You seem to think I said that I wasn't an expert in this, and that's why I am not speaking on it. But that isn't what I said.

On this issue, I have no opinion right now because I literally know nothing about the mechanism of police defunding and nor what exactly is being proposed.

I'm sorry I can't scratch this itch and play boogeyman for you.

No need to be evasive or condescending. "Play bogey man for you"?

See your post:

Quote:I got up this morning looking forward to 93, or lad explaining this to us. What it will be, how it will work. I wonder if their conspicuous absence means they are not proponents of this movement?

Maybe AtEase has a Twitter chain from one of his liberal sources that explains it all? maybe Founty has a gif?

WHY ALL THE SILENCE?
06-08-2020 11:07 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Response to the killing of George Floyd - RiceLad15 - 06-08-2020 11:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.