Thread Closed 
Response to the killing of George Floyd
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: Response to the killing of George Floyd
I just do not understand this stuff

Ross, 22, of Fort Worth, said he is a member of the Black Lives Matter movement, and suggested that he did not come to the church to bring peace, he came with a sword.

No peace. Maybe that is why we have rioting.

The criminal justice industrial complex is akin to neo-slavery, Ross said.

Natasha Nelson, the next Black Lives Matter member to speak, encouraged police to resign and for city officials to abolish the police department.

Let's put it to a vote. If the people in the high crime areas want the cops out, let the cops not patrol those areas. Vote neighborhood by neighborhood.

“They are on the hunt,” she said. ...“They wait for the crime and then they attack."

Isn't that what they are supposed to do? Isn't that what we want them to do in our neighborhoods? WAIT for the crime,THEN attack the person committing the crime?

Black Lives Matter member Trice Jones said the group’s demands include defunding the Fort Worth Police Department, removing all Fort Worth Police Department officers from schools and ending contracts between the Fort Worth Independent School District and the Fort Worth Police Department.

I don't see how this is going to help anybody, especially black people, but if that is what is wanted by the black people, give it to them. Just remember to cut my taxes to reflect the reduced policing. Sounds like they want to create a ghetto, where the police do not enter and the strongest dominate the weak.

I do not understand racial prejudice. Not in any direction, from any source against any source. I grew up in non-diverse, homogeneous communities, so I guess I didn't learn racism. But I understand logic, and what Jones says is not logical. But if it will stop the riots, OK with me. Just NIMBY. I want to keep the police here. I don't need lawlessness.
06-05-2020 06:09 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Response to the killing of George Floyd - OptimisticOwl - 06-05-2020 06:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.