Trod0 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
RE: OT: Summit decides to not add Augustana
(06-02-2020 08:40 AM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(06-02-2020 08:20 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(06-01-2020 06:17 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(06-01-2020 05:56 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(06-01-2020 01:56 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  Arent the SLC much much closer and basically all drivable? Seems silly to exchange that for a western fcs league because lets be real, WAC FBS is highly unlikely, as hard is that is for some on here to accept.

Lol, thanks. The only thing really keeping the WAC FBS theory alive is this "golden ticket" that allows them to bring back FBS. And as I understand it, they can bring in qualified D2 moveups and FCS defectors to build an FCS conference, and then punch that FBS ticket, ultimately bypassing the required waiting period for a FCS to FBS move.
So basically, a newly formed WAC FCS conference could move up to FBS whenever it so desires. That would give NMSU a home and they could even continue funding their other sports with FBS money games. If the WAC doesn't care what happens to NMSU, which I doubt, they could just form an FCS league, leave NMSU hanging as a lifelong independent, and hold on to that golden ticket for all of eternity. I think a conference of full-members is, and should be, the goal. Right now the WAC has 3 football playing schools. The most its had in forever. Why stop now?

And let's say the negative nancy's on here are right: the WAC is hanging by a thread and has no prospects of ever becoming a football conference again. Tarleton and Dixie could just bounce for the SLC and BSC, repectively, after their D1 probationary period is over. No harm, no foul. For them, its worth taking a chance on the WAC to see if they can pull it all together. And they can do it with minimal risk.

Who is being negative? I'm being realistic. The WAC loses and adds schools just about every year. It is hanging on by a thread as a conference. Those are facts. I'm not being negative. Furthermore, EVERY school in the WAC would jump to another conference in a heartbeat if given the opportunity. I want a FB conference for NMSU just as much as anyone. But I'm being realistic. You have purple glasses on with your move to D1 and don't want t acknowledge the problems.

I'm being optimistic. I'm hopeful the WAC can figure out a way to leverage its brand, footprint and name recognition to build a nice warm and secure home for those ready to take the D1 leap, in need of a better situation, or one day, want to move up to FBS. The WAC has all the right ingredients, they just need leadership to bring it all together. If they can't, Tarleton and Dixie can and will go elsewhere, with zero harm done. It is a worthy investment giving the WAC a shot and being optimistic about its prospects.

You make it sound like it’s so easy for Dixie and Tarleton to jump to another conference. If you guys were so appealing, you would have got the call from the conferences you think you can just jump to. You guys are stuck in the black hole with us with your only move at this moment is back down to your high school league. Have fun playing fcs independent football and enjoy your D1 Olympic sports.
06-02-2020 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Summit decides to not add Augustana - Trod0 - 06-02-2020 09:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.