Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Do you support moving the college baseball season?
No
Yes, by a couple of weeks
Yes, by a month like this plan
Yes, by longer or other means (i.e. playing in fall)
[Show Results]

Premier P5 coaches unveil ‘New College Baseball Model’
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Premier P5 coaches unveil ‘New College Baseball Model’
(05-30-2020 11:36 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(05-28-2020 02:26 PM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  Maybe we won't see the season pushed back an entire month, but pushing it back by, say, 2 weeks so that the season starts after March 1st could reap a lot of the weather-related benefits nationally without having to push the back end of the calendar (such as the College World Series) too far into June/July.

Two weeks is better than nothing, but I would really prefer college basketball to be wrapping up when baseball starts.

Of course, that doesn't really happen until the first week in April so that's probably not tenable.

Just my way of thinking, but I think another option would be to create more preseason tournaments in warmer climates. A lot of people are heading to the beach in March anyway and so I think some teams could help themselves by forgoing home games altogether around that time of year.

Instead of spending time bouncing through road sites, we really should have hotspots in warmer states where teams from all over the country can gather and get several games out of the way before the meat of the schedule. Would probably save everyone on travel costs if nothing else and be an interesting mix of match-ups. I think the fans would love it too. There are tons of minor league parks and small to large colleges in that part of the country.

I mean, if people travel for MLB Spring Training then you could get a similar atmosphere in locales where people might be congregating anyway.

What about the overlap with basketball and football? Basketball overlaps with regular season football in November and then conference championships and bowl games in December and January. If we have overlap there why should we be so concerned with the overlap of baseball and basketball?
05-31-2020 08:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Premier P5 coaches unveil ‘New College Baseball Model’ - SkullyMaroo - 05-31-2020 08:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.