Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] UConn football deal with CBS Sports Network
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
RE: [split] UConn football deal with CBS Sports Network
(05-12-2020 09:35 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  
(05-12-2020 05:49 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  I remember well when DePaul, Louisville and Cincy joined the BE. I was rather excited (notwithstanding the fact that Memphis got left behind).

The glory days of the BE are long gone but I remain very impressed with how well the current BE has reinvented itself. I feel UConn will simply add to that momentum in a positive way.
I think the current version of the Big East is awesome. Villanova is a great anchor, and the rest of the league is extremely cohesive. They're really impressive, especially considering they get about a tenth of the media revenue as compared with most P5 leagues.

Also, two thirds of the classic 1980's Big East will be there once UConn returns. Only Syracuse, BC, and Pitt won't be there.

I agree. Even as an A10 fan, it’s turning out to be quite the conference. I had my doubts when it started on its own because St. John’s had fallen off, Seton Hall and Providence were hardly a blip after the CUSA raid. DePaul never showed up, and Georgetown was fading. There was no certainty that the three new members could line up with some of these schools, either. It’s fine now.

And it’s nothing against the AAC, but I wonder how UConn hits the floor when it rejoins this group. I could see it going to either extreme the first season: really bad, or toward the top. I doubt they are in the middle.

The deal with CBS is sensible, and it has the potential for reach, but it seems a tad low. I would have thought $500K/yr. I suspect the production costs brought this one in, but for a northeastern school doing what it can to be seen with other majors, part of me thinks these four years could be the dusk for UConn football at the FBS level. Hope I’m wrong.
05-14-2020 06:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] UConn football deal with CBS Sports Network - The Cutter of Bish - 05-14-2020 06:29 AM
RE: - Wedge - 05-11-2020, 03:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.