Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
Bookmark and Share
Bankie Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UC
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
Just looking at the 6% stat. I'm an ICU doctor in the NW and when I'm coding death certificates we place other diagnoses other than COVID even if its the driving force of their death. There is a lot of contributing diagnoses such as ARDS, cardiomyopathy and cardiac arrest on that chart which probably are sequela of COVID. Rarely would we just put COVID 19 on the death certificate or on the chart. Many have had severe thrombotic clots with devastating strokes and pulmonary emboli. That looks like it would be listed as contributing. I'm sure you would see the same with H1N1 numbers prior.
Anyway, believe what you want to believe. I managed H1N1 and this virus has done so many neurological, cardiovascular and hematological issues that have been much more difficult to manage comparatively. It has been more efficient at spreading and we are still learning at a rapid rate about treatments which maybe effective and may not be helpful. This is in a setting of no vaccine that can be fast tracked like H1N1 (since we had so much experience with influenza prior to the outbreak). Mortality is one thing but there is a lot of patients making it through with a lot of comorbidities such as severe strokes, post fibrotic ARDS...So living with a trach or hemiplegic is not always a "win"
I'm not here to try to convince you. Many of you already have your mind made up and there is a difference between arguing and fighting. This board has really noone having any intention of changing their mind when they post.
All I can say is I've intubated several patients. Patients that don't do well are older patients, present with cardiac issues and obese patients. It has been hitting patients of color quite hard as socioeconomically families tend to live in close quarters and obviously immunosuppressed patients.
I'm not really into posting. We all have more important things than get into a pissing contest on a sports board. I don't have a dire need to be right. Many young patients are doing fine. However, There are a fair amount of people dying and a lot of people are living with severe morbidities after surviving. Its been a sad weird time. Like everything this era it has been politicized. Doubtful its some great democratic scheme but thats just me.

Best of health and luck to all no matter what you believe or theorize.
Go Bearcats!

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020 09:25 PM by Bankie.)
08-30-2020 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
BB Class of 2020 - Cataclysmo - 05-19-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - Bankie - 08-30-2020 09:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.