Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
Bookmark and Share
skylinecat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
(08-25-2020 11:35 AM)bearcats23 Wrote:  
(08-25-2020 11:27 AM)converrl Wrote:  
(08-25-2020 11:21 AM)bearcats23 Wrote:  
(08-24-2020 11:50 AM)bearcats23 Wrote:  What's your number Mark? How many people need to die before we change our actions?

Still curious what the magic death number needs to be before we change our actions? It must be more than 80,000 deaths.

Nobody should die prematurely, ever...that's not the world we live in, we live in a world of risk....if you want to reduce those risks, take your OWN precautions to reduce your risk.

You can pass laws, but you can't mandate behavior or control thought--that's the nature of human beings. What drives some people crazy is that they can't pass laws to control all behavior or all thought.

I know which people those are.

Bingo. If you're at risk and concerned about this virus, take precautions. I know that if I get this virus there's a 99.99% chance that I'm going to be just fine within a matter of days, same with my wife and same with my children.

If I were 80+ years old with comorbidities I'm sure I would be more cautious about where I go, whether or not I have a mask on, etc. However, I wouldn't expect a healthy 20 year old to not visit friends at the neighborhood bar, wear a mask every time he's in public, work from home, cancel football season, etc. etc. etc. in order to protect me from obtaining a virus that I would still have a very good chance of surviving.

We went from flatten the curve to hunker down and destroy our economy until we have a cure. Which goes back to my question, how many people need to die before we start changing our actions? If it's all about saving lives and not just flattening the curve for our hospitals, then we need to quarantine every flu season and change the speed limits ASAP.

Is our economy destroyed? The S&P is right back where it was in January 2020 and people are wearing masks and trying to keep things under control.

08-25-2020 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
BB Class of 2020 - Cataclysmo - 05-19-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - skylinecat - 08-25-2020 11:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.