Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
Bookmark and Share
bearcats23 Offline
All American

I Root For: bearcats23
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
(08-24-2020 12:00 PM)skylinecat Wrote:  
(08-24-2020 11:50 AM)bearcats23 Wrote:  
(08-22-2020 12:49 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  This is a nice way to put it but really does get to the crux of everything. We're a "me me me' society that has little regard or care for how our actions may affect others. I see it so many times in people saying it's a personal choice, but our choices are why this spreads and people die.

But the worst part is that attitude is an in the moment attitude. Even if the long term benefit would be great for enduring a little short term inconvenience a large segment of the population won't even consider it.

As a result we're far behind the rest of the developed world both in suppressing spread/death and in economic recovery. The economic benefit to squashing this early was great but we couldn't even commit to minor inconveniences like wearing make indoors.

So here we are. Still losing 1000 lives a day approaching 200,000 dead. An economy that will never be back to normal until those trends and but a society not committed to getting there.

Influenza kills 20,000 - 80,000 in the US in any given year. Approximately 40,000 people die in auto accidents every year. These are both largely preventable.

I guess what I want to know is where's the cutoff on number of deaths per year before we change our actions? We could wear masks and perform shut downs every flu season and it would save thousands of lives but we don't do it. We could make the speed limit 10 mph everywhere and it would save thousands of lives but we don't do it. We could ban unhealthy food, alcohol, etc. and it would save thousands of lives but we don't do it. What's your number Mark? How many people need to die before we change our actions?

At what point do you treat this like the flu, driving a car, etc. and say if you're concerned, if you're high risk, then by all means you can mask up and avoid high risk situations. The rest of us can live our lives without fear and without destroying our economy.

Also, by what metrics are we "far behind" the rest of the world with economic recovery? And if you can show me data compared to the rest of the world, then whose fault is this? Trump's fault? Maybe the governor's fault for shutting down multi-million dollar industries under the veil of "healthcare" when everyone with a brain knows it's actually for "political gain". I mean look at that map that was posted, the liberal states are pushing for cancellation of football because they want maximum disruption to our every day lives so that there is a lot of anger and fear going into November. Do you really believe that the Democrat leaders are not pushing this agenda? Hell the Big 10 commissioner is a liberal, and in his press conference said we are cancelling the season...oh and by the way there's an important election coming up so don't forget to vote everyone! It's a joke, you know it, you just won't admit it.

The University Presidents have control over the decision to cancel the football season, not the Commissioner. Same as the Owners in the NFL/ Roger Gooddell. Now maybe they are all liberal actors that have similar motives, who knows? But your conspiracy theories lose a lot of juice when you don't even know the right person to blame.

What are you talking about? I know the commissioner cannot cancel by himself. I simply said in his presser where he announced the cancellation he started pumping a very important vote this November and he's a known liberal. Let's look at the Big Ten presidents and see how many of them lean liberal vs. conservative, I got a hint for ya, the majority ain't gonna be conservative.

08-25-2020 07:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
BB Class of 2020 - Cataclysmo - 05-19-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - bearcats23 - 08-25-2020 07:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.