Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
Bookmark and Share
skylinecat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
(08-11-2020 10:30 AM)doss2 Wrote:  
(08-11-2020 09:22 AM)Loco Bearcat Wrote:  
(08-11-2020 07:14 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(08-11-2020 06:04 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(08-10-2020 08:29 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  So here we are. We have literally thousands of infectious disease experts telling us this is a dangerous Pandemic. Countries shutting borders and closing up, to contain said virus. Thousands of people dying, and the long term ramifications on even healthy people contracting the virus are unknown. Sports leagues have shut down, or drastically altered the way they can operate. This includes the NBA, MLB, NHL, MSL, and any other initial soup you can find. These are facts, they can't be disputed. Yet, on this message board, we have the old guard constantly telling everyone there is nothing to see here, move along, because " I talked to this doctor, or I don't know anyone who has been infected, or I go out without a mask, and am fine". And that it will all go away November 4th, because it's all a big conspiracy to damage the current regime. I don't know how they did it, but getting even 2 countries to agree unilaterally on anything is amazing, but the whole darn world? Well that is some extra, other worldly shite right there. So my question is, who should I believe? Quite a conundrum, eh?

That's a great question rtaylor.

I guess for me it comes down to how accurate these so called "experts" are.

Do I believe an "expert" that said there was going to be 2.2 million deaths from this? That there WAS 100,000 people in Ohio that were walking around deathly contagious on March 12th? That there were going to be 10,000 new cases a day?

Then they just keep changing their story. Uhhhh... yeah, you didn't get too sick when you had it... but there are LONG TERM effects... yeah, that's the ticket. First it's going to scar your lungs. Then it's going to give you heart damage.

Well, the fact is... none of these "experts" have gotten anything right so far. So why keep blindly believing them?

Some of us on here have engaged in such scandalous behavior that these "experts" say would definitely lead to the spread of this all-things-to-all-people virus and didn't spread a thing.

So at what point do you start thinking for yourself, dude.

How accurate and how impartial? The latter is becoming a more important metric to be explored.

I’m starting to view stats that too often keep being shown to be wonky for a myriad of reasons and experts (real and self declared) that stand up in media to state what their version of the truth is the same way I do the media and politicians. This thing is politicized like nothing we have ever seen in our lifetimes. Everyone has an agenda. I swear there are people who are rooting for it to be as bad as they have been saying it was.

I only believe my lying eyes and what people who actually treat patients who are Covid positive tell me face to face.

I was a “this is really ******* bad” proponent in March and April. I’m now a “we are being bamboozled on an epic scale” proponent.

It is getting worn out but I believe it more with each passing day....this all slowly dissipates in November when fear and hurting people in their daily lives has served its creepy nefarious purpose.

You and many others have been wrong all along about Covid-19. I have lost an Aunt and 2 Cousins on my father's side of the family which is Latino. Covid-19 has been devastating for African Americans, Latinos, Native Americans, plus 1st and 2nd Generation Asian Americans. Rath I would love for you to tell my Cousin who is an ICU Nurse in Phoenix that this Virus isn't that bad. She just had her first day off this past weekend after working 33 straight days. She said it has been absolute Hell and she had so many patients Die needlessly as they were overwhelmed. She was shocked at how many young people were being admitted and even though most of them survived they have permanent damage to their lungs and heart.
My mother's side of the family is White and Wealthy and many of them think it's not serious or a hoax like you Rath and other posters on this board. Many of them are not good people and they look down on my Mother and a few other relatives who have Spouses who are not White. They are greedy, selfish, and lack morals and humanity. The lack of empathy and concern for people that I have seen on this board for people who have been affected by Covid-19 is very disappointing.

You earned the "LOCO"!
By greedy do you mean they work hard and save? By selfish do you mean they do not give you money? By lack morals you mean they do not espouse yours?

Come on man!

I think you may want to go back and reread his post. He was obviously talking about his specific family and that they look down on family members with non-white spouses, which I'd hope we can all agree is a bad thing. I don't know why you'd go to bat defending his family members that he called greedy, selfish, and lacking in morals and humanity when you've obviously never met them.

08-11-2020 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
BB Class of 2020 - Cataclysmo - 05-19-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - skylinecat - 08-11-2020 11:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.