Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
Bookmark and Share
bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
(07-24-2020 08:06 PM)MickMack Wrote:  
(07-24-2020 07:54 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  
(07-24-2020 02:23 PM)MickMack Wrote:  
(07-24-2020 01:29 PM)namrag Wrote:  
(07-24-2020 10:05 AM)MickMack Wrote:  This is really just a sad, childish response. Do you know why no one is talking about false memes posted by the nefarious liberals? Because no one posted one here. This discusssion exists because someone here - on this board - posted a meme that is demonstrably false. And instead of just acknowleding that it is false and moving on, you went out of your way to resort to petty, childish name calling, littered with a healthy dose of whataboutism. In other words you went out of your way to be a dick to Mark - a guy guilty of one crime: pointing out the truth. Congrats.

Here's some context, not that I expect you to care:

"That's how the right wing disinformation machine works. Fake posts get circulated quickly. It's much easier to argue against a far fetched version of the other side than the actual positions of the other side. They've been so conditioned to see the other side as the enemy that they don't even think to check something as obviously fake as that tweet."

"only the rightwing disinformation machine...", "they've been so conditioned to see...." is not inflammatory (and false) at all, is it?

And it was purposely used to attempt to discredit anything that he labels rightwing. Nice ploy. I don't care if you dislike me rejecting it.

I have no problem with you rejecting his premise, at least to the extent you're saying it happens on both sides of the aisle. In fact, I agree if that's the point you're making. But he wasn't discrediting it because it was right wing. He was discrediting it because a two second google search showed him that it was false. Left, right and otherwise, we're all being hit with an insane amount of outright false and misleading information. And Mark is right - many have been conditioned to just accept what they see as true. Happens on both the left and right. I've fact checked as many of my friends on the left as I have on the right. I don't view this as a left or right problem. I view this as an American citizen problem. We should all be against blatantly false stuff, no matter where it's found and no matter how much we'd like to believe it. In any event you and Mark both seem like decent dudes. There's no reason in the world we can't chat about things like this in a civill manner.

I totally agree with your post. I watch CNN or MS NBC and there is so much accentuation for the liberal slant. I watch Fox News and it’s the same thing for the right. News is so nuanced anymore depending upon the source, it is rarely just the facts. It’s someone’s opinion of the facts to the point you can hardly believe anything without fact checking. Everyone is editorializing it. It stresses me out and I can’t stand it. I don’t know where to go to get “just the facts” any more.

Yeah, it's frustrating as hell. Whenever possible, I try my best to go to the source. This is a legitimately scary issue that's only going to get worse with things like deep fakes. We should all be demanding better.

There are a few independent, left and right journalists on twitter who give everything a fair shake.

07-25-2020 12:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
BB Class of 2020 - Cataclysmo - 05-19-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - bww - 07-25-2020 12:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.