Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
Bookmark and Share
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
(07-13-2020 08:13 AM)converrl Wrote:  
(07-12-2020 08:44 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(07-12-2020 02:09 PM)converrl Wrote:  
(07-12-2020 09:51 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(07-09-2020 12:19 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Thermodynamics doesn’t change much. Neither do structural laws. Neither do liberal arts. It’s the lab work and face to face time that sets it apart.

There is going to be a sea change in higher education in the next couple of years. It was coming anyways. Covid just greatly hastened matters.

Essentially what I tell people who are looking at schools for Pre-Med. There's only one way animal cells exist, entropic law and basic chemistry exists, the laws of physics exist, regardless of if it's being taught in Columbus, Chapel Hill, New York City, or Toledo...if the end goal is medical school, go where you're comfortable and not going to add another $150,000 in debt on top of the quarter mill you'll be dumping on yourself in Med School.

The only "rankings" that should matter to the vast majority of students are ROI (debt incurred vs. average early earnings adjusted for living costs of market) and job placement rate. The only people who should worry about going to the elite schools are the small portion of people who want to work in NYC investment firms, the Senate, Academia, or be able to point to a piece of paper whole collecting their father's or mother's company returns.

You don't think admissions committees at med schools look at where the undergrad work was done? I have news for you...they most certainly DO.

You show them a 4.0 from a community college vs. a top tier DI institution, they will weigh that in the consideration of the application. No doubt about it.

Well, if an applicant is going from a community college to Med School, they're not getting in, I'll give you that 03-lmfao

And if a poster on this board isn't keeping up on the latest trends in higher education they'll probably render an uninformed opinion 03-lmfao

https://www.insidehighered.com/views/201...ep-opinion

Oh believe me, I know all about that, as I'm our College's institutional liaison for all on-boarding students from Owens Community College. Here I was, thinking we were speaking about the present, not 10-15 years down the road....then again, most of your posts on here are stuck in 1997, so I'm not quite sure what time travel device to use in order to frame the vast majority of what you say.

07-13-2020 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
BB Class of 2020 - Cataclysmo - 05-19-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - BearcatMan - 07-13-2020 10:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.