Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
Bookmark and Share
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
(04-15-2020 02:00 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(04-15-2020 01:26 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(04-15-2020 12:51 PM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  
(04-15-2020 08:13 AM)Ragpicker Wrote:  
(04-15-2020 07:48 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  This isn't the flu. Stop saying dangerous bull**** like that. We've had 25,000 deaths in less than 2 months and that's despite utterly unprecedented action. With the H1N1 scare we had 10,000 in a year.

[Image: 20200414_CovidweeklydeathsUSv2.jpg]

https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publicati...s-not-like

Actually it is the flu. Not Influenza-A but it is definitely a respiratory flu. The Coronavirus strain has been around for decades. There have been several Corona type viruses, and Covid-19 is the infection in its 19th generation.

Go back several weeks to where I explained that it is an enveloped virus protected by a protein layer. Because of that layer it is very contagious. Social distancing will flatten the curve to keep a run on hospitals. But its fools gold to think most will avoid contact. Have you touched money, your mail, gas pump, cooler at convenience store, product at retailer that was just touched by someone else? You may have already had it. But if not you certainly will come in contact. We as people can not avoid contact with 300M people.

It is relatively weak as it needs the envelope to survive. Its proven to be asymptomatic in 1000s and minor symptoms for ten of thousands of people. And unfortunately like most diseases, bacteria, and viruses it can get hold of certain people and really cause damage and death.

So the real issue is not the virus - its Fear. Can you live with the fear? I know life is short and have done my best to continue my life during the quarantine. Statistically I have much greater chance of dying in a car accident then from Corona, or Swine Flu, or the Aviary Flu. So I'm going to jump in my car and support a couple local businesses who were nearly shuttered by fear.

What makes you think Covid-19 is the 19th generation of the coronavirus? This will be good.

Edit: I hope we can all agree on how depressing it is that most people's stance on this confirmed global health pandemic is influenced based on which direction they lean POLITICALLY. What the ****.

I confess that the day Trump said it was under control, I said "bull----" and headed to Costco to buy the toilet paper 30-pack.

While I've been moving more left by the day, my opinion was formed by early videos out of China, early WHO press briefings, the initial lockdown of 59 million Chinese.

If you really believed that this was under control, you'd never bother to try to watch WHO press briefings or care what was happening in China.

So let me get this straight... you're dragging politics into this while basically admitting that you too are aligned with everyone on your side of the political aisle.

So... how are you any different the people on the other side?

Yet you all come on here convinced that you are right... and the other side is wrong.

But if someone on the other side does it... they're a partisan hack head slapping idiot.

But if YOU do it... you're just being smart.

So the basic theme here is to just shut up, do things your way and there will be no discussion. Have I got that right?

I didn’t drag politics into this - it was already here.

BUT there is a reality that the ones still filling churches and calling it the flu are overwhelmingly not Bernie supporters.

Besides, I clearly identified - more than once - the source of my information (WHO briefings, reports out of China, etc), and not once did I say it was a politician. I did, however say I negatively reacted to Trump’s “under control’ declaration, which any bozo with a brain cell knew was a lie.

See you on the politics board!

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2020 02:28 PM by BearcatsUC.)
04-15-2020 02:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - BearcatsUC - 04-15-2020 02:15 PM
BB Class of 2020 - Cataclysmo - 05-19-2020, 10:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.