Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
Bookmark and Share
Yawny Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season?
(04-13-2020 09:03 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(04-13-2020 08:48 PM)The Big O Wrote:  
(04-13-2020 08:38 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(04-13-2020 04:46 PM)the_dude Wrote:  I guess here is as good a place as any....

All the scare tactics saying it kills young people....
average age of covid death in ohio: 79
75% of covid deaths in ohio are people over 70 years old
93% are over 50

Also, the reports that the USA has people dying at a greater rate than the rest of the world combined....see the cumulative deaths over time, normalized by population....see attachment below. We have a better rate than many of the highly populated European countries.

But for all the scare tactics, I think the news is just doing a horrible job giving facts, just spewing fear. That being said, I think the lockdown was necessary to prevent hospital overcrowding. We do need to get back to business as usual, but very slowly and monitor closely. Eventually we're going to be worse off by staying closed...how many people will die of starvation, abuse, substance abuse, suicide, illness, exposure, etc... if the economy completely collapses?

Again, I think that covid is a completely different animal than a normal cold/flu, but we have to be reasonable in our efforts and make decisions off of facts, not fear.

All facts that I've been trying to get across since this fluster cluck started.

I'm just wondering where the righteous indignation crowd is to condemn this guy for his ignorance and stupidity.

The only issue I might raise with you is the necessity of the lock down to prevent overcrowding of hospitals. Perhaps if the figures quoted by the head of the health dept were actually true, you might be right.

However, you can't credit the action of the government for preventing the outbreak from being bigger because it was never as bad as they said.

And I'll do you one better...

They're now counting covid19 deaths as they used to do for smokers.

To illustrate this, I'll use my own grandfather as the example. The old guy used to smoke like a freight train. Lived to be 89 years old. When he finally went (because he was as old as the hills), what did they list as cause of death...?

That's right. Smoking.

When did "they" start counting covid19 deaths as they used to do for smokers? And why did "they" do it?

I just love my little pack of fans that follow me around trying to discredit anything I say. Like the guy that asked me what the definition of the flu was last week, like its up to me to define it.

Anyway...

"They" are health care employees in charge of records.

"They" are doing it because they are told to do so. Have you ever heard that people with "underlying conditions" are especially prone to covid? So when one of these people with said "underlying conditions" goes, where they started listing "underlying condition" they are now listing covid.

Why? Don't ask me. Maybe someone in charge that's been talking out their a$$ about how bad the outbreak is needs some figures to back it up.

Man, denying a pandemic that's now centered in America and has killed over 20k Americans in a month is a hell of a stance. Being skeptical of numbers reported from countries with totalitarian governments is one thing but assuming all American doctors are in on some kind of conspiracy to make this seem worse than it is is tinfoil hat crap.

People "follow you around" because you make baseless claims that people want sourced or justified. It's not a witch hunt.

04-13-2020 11:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - Yawny - 04-13-2020 11:01 PM
BB Class of 2020 - Cataclysmo - 05-19-2020, 10:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.