Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

House Republicans preparing health care bill
DavidSt Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
RE: House Republicans preparing health care bill
(03-25-2020 04:20 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(03-25-2020 04:08 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  You did not read what I said. The doctors and nurses told us that they are refusing to take the other insurance companies because they refused to pay. There have been lawsuits against the health insurance companies because for not paying. This bill would be forcing the doctors, clinics, hospitals and pharmacies to accept them when medical industry drop those insurance companies.

Your comment makes no sense, David. Who is 'the medical industry' that is dropping the companies if it isn't Doctors, Clinics, Hospitals and Pharmacies whom you say are being forced to accept them? If they're dropping companies who don't pay (though insurance is a simple legal process... they can't just 'not pay' unless you're breaking the contract, which is generally Federally mandated/described.

I think what you mean is they don't pay ENOUGH or that they are slower than BCBS... if that is the case, then why is it a problem that 'the best company' is getting all the business?

And your fears about monopoly are mitigated because being able to buy across state lines means that there will be competition from SOMEWHERE which doesn't exist now.

If it turns out that BCBS universally delivers the best product and reimbursement for the best price, so long as competition/barriers to entry aren't made illegal, why would providers (or members) care that they win all the business?

Right now the biggest issue would be that (as an example) New York Medicaid won't pay for services delivered in New Jersey (because they get some of that money back vicariously through taxes, research grants etc)... but since that's 'free', there really isn't an issue of unfairness

What I am saying that the doctors, hospitals, clinics and pharmacies dropped those companies. The states, the doctors, the clinics and the pharmacies with the clients of those health insurance companies brought class action lawsuits against these health insurance companies. I am saying that Blue Cross/Blue Shields becoming a monopoly in Arkansas because of the actions of the other insurance companies.
03-25-2020 04:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: House Republicans preparing health care bill - DavidSt - 03-25-2020 04:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.