schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
RE: If the B1G and SEC make moves I suggested, how does ACC respond
(03-21-2020 07:17 AM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  
(03-21-2020 02:09 AM)Erictelevision Wrote:  If the B1G added: UVA, VT AND WVU
The SEC added: The Research Triangle

How would the ACC rebuild? My guess is the Eastern half of the American

The Big Ten would never add WVU due to horrendous academics. These are just "fun" threads that can't be taken seriously unfortunately.

Assuming the Big Ten and SEC ever do decide to raid the ACC, I'd guess the targets would be Big Ten: UVA, UNC, Duke, ND and SEC: Clem, FSU, VaT, NCSt or some subset of those. I'd imagine the SEC would want Carolina and Duke too but if they had a choice and the money was close, they'd choose the Big Ten. Most likely it will also come down to Texas/Oklahoma. If one of the conferences get them, they will have less incentive to want to expand further as they will already have 16 (or more) members.

The new members the ACC grabs will depend on who is left in the conference. Right now it seems UNC/Duke call the shots although I'd imagine they deferred to the football schools when it came to Louisville as they wouldn't have wanted the academic dead weight and it's hard to pass on UConn who had recently won a national championship in men's basketball and tons of championships in women's basketball. If UNC/Duke are gone and the more of the top academic schools leave, the academic criteria could be gone and West Virginia's chances of getting in are much higher. Likewise if the Clemson's and Florida State's leave, the chances of a UConn or Temple who's football programs aren't good increase. If 1 or 2 get picked off, maybe they just stay at 12 members. If they go down to 8 or 9 members, they'll take anyone. If Florida State leaves, they have to add UCF.
03-21-2020 08:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the B1G and SEC make moves I suggested, how does ACC respond - schmolik - 03-21-2020 08:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.