Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blast from the Past - Home Cooking because of Covid-19 - What's for Dinner?
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
RE: Blast from the Past - Home Cooking because of Covid-19 - What's for Dinner?
(03-15-2020 10:29 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  
(03-15-2020 09:50 PM)miko33 Wrote:  As many have already heard, OH has shut down bars and restaurants indefinitely. However, take out/drive-thru services are still allowed - for now. My daughter works at one of the grocery stores and she said that more stuff has been flying off the shelves beyond just the earlier shortages we've had so far with toilet paper (WHY???), sanitizing wipes/hand sanitizers, regular rice (but can still get Jasmine and Basmatti) and Mac 'n cheese boxes. My guess is that people are starting their scrambles for SOME additional food stuffs in light of the bar and restaurant shutdowns. My family cooks almost all meals at home, so as of now we are in pretty good shape inventory wise, and I expect eventually the shortages won't be so persistent as people realize they have way too much of certain products.

It will be interesting to see how those families, singles and couples who don't cook, rarely cook or just got used to dining out regularly will cope with the temporary moratorium. My family eats almost all of our food at home. On average we go out to eat a little less than once per week. This won't be an issue for us.

While the bar and restaurant and bar shutdown officially didn't start until 9 pm tonight, today is officially DAY 1 of the restaurant ban. Today we made Linguine with red tomato based sauce with meatballs, side salad mix of red leaf lettuce, iceburg lettuce, grape tomatoes, diced roma tomatoes and sharp cheddar cheese (yep, not quite the theme of Italian...I know) and homemade garlic bread knots. We started with a little over a gallon of sauce prior to the 3.5 hour simmer so we have leftovers for tomorrow and will still be able to freeze the rest for future meals.

You guys making anything good while you wait out the Covid-19 fiasco? Any good recommendations for future meals? Hoping to see a lighter thread given the grave discussions going on around us - even if the whole thing is actually overblown IMHO.

Waiter, Door dash and Grub Hub.

Today’s version of Typhoid Mary 03-lmfao
03-16-2020 07:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blast from the Past - Home Cooking because of Covid-19 - What's for Dinner? - SoMs Eagle - 03-16-2020 07:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.